PerfectPronunciation for European Union customers

Tom   Monday, June 23, 2003, 20:36 GMT
From July 1, we will start collecting the VAT (Value Added Tax) on all sales to the European Union, due to a new European Commission directive.

This means that users in the EU will have to pay 15-25% more for PerfectPronunciation (the rate depends on the country of residence). By the way, hope you like this "added value", courtesy of the EU.

Anyway, if you live in the EU and were planning to buy PerfectPronunciation, it would be a good idea to do so before July 1.

Tom
Kabam   Monday, June 23, 2003, 20:51 GMT
I'm all for paying taxes. That's thanks to them that in France we're all entitled to minimum health coverage by Social Security.
Did you know that the World Health Organization has ranked the health system of its 191 member countries and France tops the list for providing the best overall health care? (UK ranks 18 and USA ranks 37) (source : International Herald Tribune June 21,2000).
I don't mean to show off about my country with this but that says something about the usefullness of taxes.

Well I'm a bit off topic, sorry.
Tom   Monday, June 23, 2003, 22:21 GMT
All right, I don't want to go into a discussion on whether higher taxes are better than lower taxes. I'll just say that I feel very strongly that the EU should not demand that non-EU businesses collect taxes for the EU.

My message was purely informational. You want good health care, buy after July 1. Want lower price -- buy before that date. :-)

We've had a lot of visitors from France recently. Wonder why. How did you find Antimoon, Kabam?
Kabam   Monday, June 23, 2003, 23:22 GMT
>>>We've had a lot of visitors from France recently. Wonder why. How did you find Antimoon, Kabam? <<<

I was searching a page which compare French and English language on Google, and I came across this "Should the French be forced to learn English" discussion. I replied to this topic and I didn't think I would come back again. But then I discover that despite the high rates of French-bashing and American-bashing posts (I don't know if you remember that French always anonymous who used to post lots of abusive messages towards American. He was always saying "unitedstadish" or "Georges Bushette". There was also Rick and Crab Bloke at that time, both were very anti-French), despite all this nationalist and almost racist messages then, there was some clever people with whom you could discuss and ask questions about English language (which is, with French, my favourites language) and cultures of the countries in which it is spoken.

>>>I'll just say that I feel very strongly that the EU should not demand that non-EU businesses collect taxes for the EU.<<<

I completely agree with this. ;)
chantal   Tuesday, June 24, 2003, 06:18 GMT
Tom
I was looking for "Enlish pronunciation" sites and I came across antimoon. I've been with antimoon for almost 2 months now.
Bon courage.
Sneaky   Tuesday, June 24, 2003, 06:41 GMT
Well, we all know Antimoon is no place to talk about taxes. Here are some places you can dicuss such things.

Europa I
http://pub117.ezboard.com/feuropa3705frm2
Eurpoa II
http://pub99.ezboard.com/feuropa2frm2
Eurpoa III
http://pub217.ezboard.com/feuropathreethesequelfrm2

My apologies to Tom for this has nothing to do with language, but hey, nor does this thread. By the way don't bother with Europa I nobody goes there any more and there are only two topics (one asking why nobody is there and the other telling you where we've gone).
Jim   Tuesday, June 24, 2003, 06:55 GMT
Me, I was trying to make either heads or tails out of the wacky world of American spelling. It was almost a year ago (Am I showing my age?). I landed on the then number one topic ... I've forgotten the name & it's not in the archive but it was something like "British verses American English". It was a terrible cross Atlantic bitch fight. I been popping in ever since.
Simon   Tuesday, June 24, 2003, 09:07 GMT
Yeah, man, the good old days. Then it got a bit out of hand. As always.
Dorian   Wednesday, June 25, 2003, 05:23 GMT
Jim / Simon
How long have you been with 'anitmoon' ?
and when was it created ?
Jim   Thursday, June 26, 2003, 01:31 GMT
Have a look at "Old Updates" ("Updates" is a good name: look carefully at the order of dates) for the history of Antimoon.

http://www.antimoon.com/misc/oldupdates.htm

I've been visiting for almost a year.
Simon   Friday, June 27, 2003, 15:53 GMT
Jim and I created Antimoon but lost it to Tom after drinking too much in a poker game.
Jim   Monday, June 30, 2003, 01:51 GMT
Ever since we've been trying to conquer it back but, alas, without any success.
Kabam   Monday, June 30, 2003, 09:59 GMT
lol