Do you pronounce ''tied'' and ''tide'' the same?

devin   Friday, October 08, 2004, 00:51 GMT
i pronounce everything the same, no matter what word it is. i just mumble and no one understands me. hehe.
Joe   Friday, October 08, 2004, 00:54 GMT
''Anyone who can't distinction ''tied'' and ''tired'' is uneducated and stupid. Dave, you should try to distinguish them.''

Sorry, Dave, I misread, you distinguish them.

Correction - Anyone who can't distinction ''tied'' and ''tired'' is uneducated and stupid. Jim, you should try to distinguish them.
vn23   Friday, October 08, 2004, 10:37 GMT
Hey joe, before you go calling people stupid have you listened to any Australian accents lately?
Tremmert   Friday, October 08, 2004, 18:53 GMT
My, this is pleasant. More tea, anyone?
Grito   Saturday, October 09, 2004, 19:20 GMT
I pronounce ''tied'' and ''tide'' differently. Similarly I pronounce the suffixes ''-ed'', ''-er'', ''-est'', and ''-es'' with a vowel different from [..].

For me the ''-ed''s in ''missed'', ''buzzed'' and ''printed'' are all pronounced the same way. I never pronounce ''missed'' as [mis:t] or ''buzzed'' as [b^z:d]. For me ''printer'' and ''winter'' don't rhyme. The ''er'' is different in those two words.
Mi5 Mick   Tuesday, October 12, 2004, 02:14 GMT
>>Correction - Anyone who can't distinction ''tied'' and ''tired'' is uneducated and stupid. Jim, you should try to distinguish them.<<

Someone impersonated him, ie. FakeJim, because in our accent "tired" is either ~ "ti-y'd" or a long "tied".
mjd   Tuesday, October 12, 2004, 07:00 GMT
I'm doing my best to weed out the junk that this spammer insists on posting. While he changes his name often, his style gives him away every time.
Alfred   Wednesday, October 13, 2004, 23:35 GMT
I pronounce "Tide" and "Tide" the same way. But Tired is different because it has the "rd" sound at the end of the word.