Scottish accents

oh bollaock father ted superstar   Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 15:50 GMT
hav it england wot u goin 2 do about it lol bring ti on ya cuntz i live in dundee and ill chib ya ya bas ken wot i meen y alittle scouser av it large
Johnny the Daft lad (scot)   Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 16:01 GMT
The reason the scotish accent is simelar to the irish in some places is because lots of irish people came to my country during the famin. Take dundee part of it is called Lochie which stands for little Ireland. And whoever mentioned that a clear day in Britan is a bonus is dead wrong. Its an imposibility. The only way to tell it is summer in dundee is because the rain is hotter in summer than in winter.
Easterner   Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 16:23 GMT
<<PS: Easterner's accent was spot on as well! Pure Pollokshields!>>

Damian, I must confess this was the first time I had trouble getting your meaning. Could you give some clue? :)
Easterner   Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 16:26 GMT
Meanwhile, I did get some clue. Pollokshields must be an area of Glasgow, if I'm right...
Damian   Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 22:56 GMT
Easterner: spot on...again! ;-)
Cap you   Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 23:03 GMT
johny the daft lad has a good point... dundee is a grey shite hole... glasgow is so much better.
Damian   Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 23:07 GMT
Fellow Scots in here.....chill out guys, if you please! They really are nae so bad at all South of the Border, believe me! We are sepArate yet bound together as one, heed that laddie. Instead of slagging off the Sassenachs concentrate on improving your spelling and pronunciation, or you will let us ALL down!

Ben: hey, so glad you appreciated our best export....the golden nectar from the glens. Haste ye back some day.

Easterner: would you like me to translate that poem into English English?

Had a really hectic day today so having a rare early night....guid nicht tae ye.
javier   Thursday, February 10, 2005, 17:40 GMT
The truth is that I like to see Scottish people writting with their own spelling and pronunciation. I am a wee bit bored of the same spelling. Moreover, throughout my learning I've only heard the same type of accents (mostly British and American accents). So, I'd like to know more varieties of English.
Bob   Thursday, February 10, 2005, 20:17 GMT
I think the scottish accent is disgusting.