What does ''to pee'' mean?

Don   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 01:47 GMT
I had asked this question on another thread, but that thread seems to have been started by a troll that didn't intend for the thread to be about language.

But, anyway, that person asked ''how often do you pee?''.

Here's my question:

What does it mean ''to pee''? To me, ''pee'' is how some people would represent the pronunciation of the letter ''p'' phonetically. I don't write ''pee'' to mean anything else.
Paul   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 01:51 GMT
the adverbial concludidive urinate from the latin urinus meaning "watering" is simbolical representitive form of delusion when the blater contracts and repugnates the conclusion of necesity in a verbal expresian "I need to pee"

Therefore "to pee" examples a divine exoteric acumulation of fluids antropological matters considering the blater capacity and empiricaly inovately saying "to pee"

pee=adverbial nominal verb.
Don   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 01:57 GMT
I think someone could give me a better answer. I'm not asking for a scientific answer (which is what your answer seems to be). I'm asking for a linguistic answer. What does ''pee'' mean other than a way to spell out phonetically the letter ''p''.
David Winters   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 01:58 GMT
What this lovable buffoon is trying to say is that "to pee" means "to urinate".
Jonas   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 01:59 GMT
Paul, I think you're wrong about the augmentative formulation base on classical latin describing a "cuasi- watering " implicit or explicit a verbial use "to pee" or more forced "to water"

What do you think Don ?
Paul   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 02:05 GMT
"to pee" is a celtic form rather than anglo-saxon confirming the empirical des-pertative augmentative formulation( just like you said) An intonation of adverbial despertative cognites So it's quite popular among many Australians repugnating the archaiv form of urine.
ff333   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 02:11 GMT
Plain and simply, "p" (pee) is short for piss. P-iss... duh!!!!!!!
Don   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 02:16 GMT
I assume ''to pee'' must be dialectal. I never hear it around here. Is it an American thing? For me, the only thing that ''pee'' could possibly mean is a phonetic representation of the letter ''p''.
zarafa   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 02:47 GMT
=> Is it an American thing?

Yes.
Don   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 02:52 GMT
Zarafa,

I've answered one of your questions on the ''world (one or two syllables) thread'' about ''whirl''. Go to that thread to see the answers.
Gits   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 06:43 GMT
<I assume ''to pee'' must be dialectal>

Another example that could be dialectal is

*'Is she in the Hospital?' (American)

*'Is she in hospital?' (other ENG countries)

I think other ENG countries can use both examples while the second is not/rarely spoken/written in the US.
Damian from Edinburgh   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 08:28 GMT
I don't think "to have a pee" is an exclusively American expression at all...it's used quite widely here in the UK as well. There are several other terms for the act of urination as well, apart from piss (which is used in the Bible anyway).
Damian - same place   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 08:30 GMT
I should have mentioned the rhyming word "wee" but I think that's used mostly by females.
Frances   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 09:10 GMT
Yes, wee, pee etc is used down here as well.
Don   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 15:47 GMT
I've heard ''wee'' used here, but not ''pee''. Come to think of it, I might have heard ''pee'' down here too, every now and then, but not as often as some other terms.