why do white people seek god often?

Guest   Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:49 am GMT
why do they say "oh god" or "oh my god" many times?
they say this often even when they are making love with each other....
why seek god during love-making?
Cahota   Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:08 am GMT
Well for starters, most times when people say "oh god" or "oh my god" it's just used to express an array of emotions - such as surprise, annoyance, rage, or pleasure (as when love making) etc etc.. I know most times when I say "oh god" or "oh my god" I'm annoyed or mad.

and why just white people? what about brown, black, green or purple people :-P..... I think you are a bit misguided there.

Hope that helped you.
Cahota   Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:11 am GMT
Ohh and I forgot to mention that just because people are saying "oh god" or "oh my god" they are not necessarily seeking God.. More often than not they aren't. People just love to take the lords name in vain.. haha.
furrykef   Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:02 am GMT
This has nothing to do with white people in particular.
Xie   Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:12 am GMT
I'm more practical-minded since I beg the sky more than a god. When I curse mildly, I ask the ghosts more than a god (as in damn).
Guest   Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:35 am GMT
It's a linguistic relic left over from times when people believed in fairy tales.
Guest   Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:26 am GMT
<why seek god during love-making?<
You should look up "tantra" (if you're not trolling).
Guest   Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:41 am GMT
Isn't a blaspheme to mention God in vain?
Earle   Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:32 pm GMT
Would be if God's name were "God." "God" is a Germanic word, originally describing an entire pantheon. It's not really a name
Guest   Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:45 pm GMT
Do you think that there is some etymologycal relationship between the words Good, God and Gold?
Cahota   Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:25 pm GMT
I am not thinking so Guest.. But, I could be wrong.
Call me CX   Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:14 pm GMT
Technically speaking, it's an interjection of the English language. The same applies to languages derived from Latin.
Tom Jim Jack   Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:28 pm GMT
To Guest:

Just for my information - what do non-white people say when they are making love?
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:35 pm GMT
As has been pointed out already in other posts, the use of common expressions like "Good God!" or "God Almighty!" (expressions of surprise or astonishment) or, very commonly used: "Oh! My God" (seemingly imported from America - used in connection with a range of emotions, usually those of horror or shock!) - do not indicate any kind of conscious link to the Almighty. They may well have done so in former times, but not any more in the vast majority of cases. It's a wee bit like when we say "Goodbye" to anyone - very few people realise that it's original form was "God be with you", or something similar.
Guest   Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:00 pm GMT
I always thought that goodbye comes from "have a good buy".