Languages in the EU

K. T.   Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:35 pm GMT
"lol I'd pick Mario or Luigi"

Lol.
Guest   Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:27 pm GMT
Italian plumbers??!
And Jack and Charlie are the English ones?
K. T.   Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:36 pm GMT
I could be wrong, but I think Skippy meant the old video game (s) with Mario and Luigi.
Skippy   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:05 am GMT
lol yes I was talking about Super Mario Bros., the Nintendo game from the late 80s/early 90s.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:37 am GMT
And Castro and Guevarra are characters too of one of the Nintendo Video Game.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:38 am GMT
>>And Castro and Guevarra are characters too of one of the Nintendo Video Game.<<

I never heard of that game. What's it called, "Escape From Communist Island"? Is it where you have to build a raft and successfully float it the 90 miles from Cuba to Florida, upon which you then must learn English and become a US citizen?
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:29 pm GMT
It's called hispanize Florida and you have to emigrate to Florida and speak Spanish.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:47 pm GMT
Who are the Englanics in Florida?
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:05 pm GMT
In Miami they are a minority.
John Adams   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:35 am GMT
Yeah, but English is official in Florida, so anyone who is smart knows the language of the people. Those who are stubborn fall behind at life.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:37 am GMT
Yeah but Mexicans living near the US border speak English as their first language. Isn't that delightful?
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:28 am GMT
Yeah, but English is official in Florida, so anyone who is smart knows the language of the people. Those who are stubborn fall behind at life.

On paper yes, but it will happen like in Europe with Latin. English is the official language, but right now the hispanics represent the vast majority of the population in Miami. I don't care about rural Florida, where there are still many rednecks.
mac   Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:07 am GMT
Um...Miami is part of the US, who's primary language is English, so it isn't like English is gonna disappear from Miami or anything.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 am GMT
Oh no, Spanish's gonna disappear 'cause nobody speaks it.
Hewlett   Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:30 am GMT
<< Um...Miami is part of the US, who's primary language is English, so it isn't like English is gonna disappear from Miami or >>

Just I suspected. Mac is a hispanic.