[Urgent!] IELTS test - Speaking sub test test: part 3

Fabio   Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 am GMT
I hope I'm allowed to post this topic here!
The part 3 of the Speaking Sub-test of the IELTS is the most demanding.
I think that a couple of phrases are enough for each question in part one, do you think 2 or 3 phrases are sufficient for part 3?
Is it more like a conversation?
Based on past papers, this is about very strange topics and often it's difficoult to talk about them, above all without exitations.

Any suggestion about the third part, please?
I'm going to sit the Ielts on Saturday and I'm quite worried about the speaking!

Thank you very much
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 am GMT
I scored 7 out of 9 in my spoken test. Yes, I spoke like 5 to 6 sentences for each topic in part 3. It is more like a conversation. Not just about two or three phrases. Here you have to show your true fluency. The best thing you can do is to pick up a topic and speak on it for one or two minutes straight and replay your conversation. You can do it easily in your computer. The thing you have to keep in your mind is that you need to slow down a bit and pronounce each word clearly. Don't be into a rush when going over your sentences. Fluency means to make yourself understood not how fast you can spurt your sentences out of your mind. Important point: give your mind ample time to think appropriate patterns of thoughts and able to speak them on the spot with ease. Topics are not that difficult, they come from day to day life. Take it easy!
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:31 am GMT
*can spurt your sentences out of your MOUTH
Fabio   Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 am GMT
Thanks very much for your suggestion...so it's much more like a conversation.
the issue is...I haven't got a lot of fluency for topics I don't talk about usually.
Sometimes I start the phrase and then I can't continue since I haven' t a large vocabulary;as yuo say, I have to remember to think before speaking to collect my thoughts
That isn't always easy!
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:28 am GMT
You are short of time. Take things easy. Don't stress yourself. Most people underestimate their ability to perform. Take a good night sleep before test and take your mind off of your test by listening to your favorite music. You can not improve overnight. Go out and give your best shot. Whatever preparation you could do you have done it. One piece of advice: You have got only one day. Take out any newspaper and choose any artcles from it and speak them out loud for straight one hour. (two or three hours through out the day) That'll help your mouth muscles.
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:06 pm GMT
I find I perform better when under the influence of alcohol. (I got my last job because I was drunk and carefree). Maybe sneak down a gulp or two of rum before your examination?
Fabio   Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:12 pm GMT
What friendly suggestions!
Probably you're right, I will practice till tonight and keep tomorrow free.
Thenk you very much indeed
xcvvvvxc   Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:51 pm GMT
cvcxvcxv
Fabio   Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:57 am GMT
Hi there!
Speaking test has gone much well than I expected!
Thnaks again "guest"
Guest   Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 am GMT
DId you get drunk like I suggested? Well done.