English spoken EVERYWHERE

Caspian   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:13 am GMT
Is it just me, or do any other native speakers sometimes wish that English wasn't the national language? It takes the fun out of language learning - everywhere we go, people speak English to us!

Obviously it is a great achievment that people can learn English, but sometimes I find myself wishing that we English people had to learn a language other than English!
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:56 am GMT
It'll happen soon; you can start learning Chinese now.
Caspian   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:10 am GMT
Oh yes, I already have lol!
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:41 am GMT
It's natural. English is associated with money and all people want money, at least the enough money to make a living and it seems to me that other languages like french,german have the same status however spanish is linked with poor people. Is this fair? well, maybe.
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:51 am GMT
¡Boludo de mierda! Hay muchos ricos que hablan español, y no olvides que TODO es relativo. Hay más millonarios rusos que ingleses. Al igual que los mexicanitos estudian inglés y tratan de cruzar la frontera los indios de la región andina estudian español en lugar de sus idiomas indígenas porque el español es asocia con la riqueza. Hay muchos pobres de mierda que viven en TRAILER PARKS en estados unidos que harían cualquier cosa para mudarse a las favelas de Rio de Janeiro solo para cobrar $$$$$ y tener una vida mejor!
nico   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:58 am GMT
Que dites vous?
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:04 pm GMT
To me English is linked to poor subsaharian migrants who come in great numbers to Spain.
Avida Dollars   Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:14 pm GMT
Oh, yes. Spanish IS associated with poor, uneducated, soapoperabrainwashed.
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:38 pm GMT
It'll happen soon; you can start learning Chinese and Indi
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:42 pm GMT
To me is not Spanish but English which IS associated with poor, uneducated, ignorant, gross, drunk, violent and soapoperabrainwashed people and I'd add with greed and stupidity. Only very idiot persons can think richness is everything in life. I
t's enough reading the 99% of what English-speakers write here. Your answers are the proof.
There is nothing wrong being poor (many countries are poor thanks to Britain by the way) but it's wrong being stupid, ignorant and furthermore arrogant.
Caspian   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:03 pm GMT
It really is amazing that I attempt to ask a simple, curious question and you can turn even that into a competition of insulting one another.
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:20 pm GMT
It really is amazing that I attempt to ask a simple, curious question and you can turn even that into a competition of insulting one another.

It's the favourite sport on this forum
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:23 pm GMT
Yeah, it's a lot like corrida.
You just say "French" or "English" and Hispanics come charging like the bulls.
Caspian   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:46 pm GMT
I see what you mean! It's quite funny really.
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:53 pm GMT
Maybe you'll find this interesting:
http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t9725.htm