The most commonly used expressions in America?

Guest (this one the last   Sat May 10, 2008 1:54 pm GMT
I thought that the customer has to be much more flexible otherwise he cannot react over the curcumstances : for example someone wants to sell something and you cannot get rid of the situation. What are you supposed to say: I would say, 'I appreciate your help',' Your advices will be considered', or 'I will consider your opinion' , 'Thank you for your cooperation', 'Thank you for your help', 'It was nice to talk to you', 'I will come back later', 'Talk to you later', 'Have a nice day'. and so and so blah , blah blah.
Skippy   Sat May 10, 2008 6:07 pm GMT
All of those sound a little pretentious.
Guest   Sat May 10, 2008 6:13 pm GMT
They also sound a little impertinent.
Guest (this one the last   Sat May 10, 2008 8:14 pm GMT
No way Jose. They sound in the way which I cope in the situation it's not necessary to be yours , OK. They are just polite way for rejecting.
Guest   Sun May 11, 2008 12:09 am GMT
But the problem is when you have an overzealous salesman who won't leave you be.
Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 4:37 am GMT
"I'm sorry, do you mind if I just look around?"

Otherwise, if you're really bothered, just look for another store
Guest (this one the first   Mon May 12, 2008 6:14 pm GMT
I definetly do not need to feel sorry for I'm going to look around at whoever shop it might me. If somoene bothered me, I just say God bye and that's all. Customer always have the right, because of a shop policy: he has the right even if he doesn't like the sandwich to return it back at the store at the next day, he has the right to return shoes three weeks after buying them if he has the receipt. So keep the receipt as a tresture. If you don't like something after few days you can return it back. The reason: you can say: I just don't like it. I have never seen something like that in some other countries, but here it's common. The funniest thing was when I went to Trader Joe to buy tomatoes pasta an they were running of this particulary brand which I wanted to buy so they gave me another one and they said to me if you do not like it, bring the jar and we will return your money. I said 'Really, you may be kidding?". That's called good policy. Customer is so important. They make me to feel important and pampered as noone.