The most useful languages for world travel

Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 6:13 am GMT
Do the " French fanatics" have the blame because Spanish has never been more important than French ? Accept the facts ,mate.
Guesty   Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 am GMT
<< Hey Frog, stay on topic. We are talking about tourism. >>

Hey HISPANIC DUNG BEETLE French is more useful than Spanish because the latter is useful only in Hispanic America and Castillian Spain. Even in Catalonia, people refused to be addressed in Spanish by tourists so they opt for French or Italian or even Portuguese.
Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 6:21 am GMT
<< Asia - A very very exreme minority language. Some people in tiny Lebannon and a few is Laos or whatever. C'mon now! By that logic, I can say that Spanish is "spoken" in Africa. Give it up! >>

In Africa Spanish is spoken, you better shut up because people of Equatorial Guinea and Western Sahara speak French nowadays and never Spanish. Spanish is rotting in it's graveyard in Mexico.

Some people in Lebanon and a few in Laos. Listen bird brain go to yahoo messenger and go to the French room and use your webcam and headset to talk with young Vietnamese and Laotian. On the contrary people of Spanish descent in the Philippines no longer speak Spanish and ordinary Filipinos prefer French over Spanish. What a shame!
Erico   Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 am GMT
1. English

2. French

3. Russian

4. German

5. Arabic

6. Chinese

7. Hindi

8. Urdu

9. Swahili

10. Spanish
Guesto   Mon May 12, 2008 6:24 am GMT
<< Even in Catalonia, people refused to be addressed in Spanish >>

That's bull. Besides, at least Spain is kind enough and not so paronoid about its languages that it allows regionals to be used, unlike France which has suppressed regional languages.
Erico   Mon May 12, 2008 6:26 am GMT
<< Sorry, the webpage is this:

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000145.html >>

Sorry, the link is just a blog and it's created by ahispanic fanatic who is extremely anti-French.
Guesto   Mon May 12, 2008 6:30 am GMT
<< Some people in Lebanon and a few in Laos. Listen bird brain go to yahoo messenger and go to the French room and use your webcam and headset to talk with young Vietnamese and Laotian. >>

Oh wow! Some people from there are using French in yahoo messenger! That doesn't mean much. Besides, English is way more popular all over Asia, including Vietnam, so French is about done in Asia. My point was that to claim that French "is spoken" in Asia is quite a reach and doesn't really mean a whole lot. Look at the size of Asia and then how many people there speak French. It is far from impressive.
Guesty   Mon May 12, 2008 6:32 am GMT
<< That's bull. Besides, at least Spain is kind enough and not so paronoid about its languages that it allows regionals to be used, unlike France which has suppressed regional languages. >>

Oh common, Spain tried to suppress regional langauges under Franco but the more they are suppressed the more they fought back so just to save fave, Madrid became lenient because they cannot suppress them even if they use violence.

Unlike in France where the citizen of non-French ethnic groups have the saying "Being part of France is not a bad fate at all". People of Catalonia, Galicia, and Spanish Basque have the wishful thinking they were part of France not of Spain.
joker   Mon May 12, 2008 6:37 am GMT
<< Sorry, the link is just a blog and it's created by ahispanic fanatic who is extremely anti-French. >>

How is he a fanatic? He definitely isn't hispanic. What he listed pretty much makes sense. He didn't say anything to attack French. Is he a fanatic just because he didn't give praise to French or something? I don't understand people's definition of fanatic here.

I do agree with the point about 5 being spoken on five continents. It may be so, but it is only small minority on 3 of them. So I think it is dumb to boast about the continents claim.
mohammad   Mon May 12, 2008 6:46 am GMT
<< Spanish is rotting in it's graveyard in Mexico. >>

I and my jihad warriors will send French to it's grave in Africa.....and in France itself if things keep going as they are.
Ahmed   Mon May 12, 2008 6:47 am GMT
I and my jihad warriors will send Spanish to it's grave in Hispanic America.....and in Spain itself if things keep going as they are.
Isabella   Mon May 12, 2008 6:51 am GMT
Maybe in Spain, but Hispanic America is less prone the islamic migration (invasion) compared to Europe. Besides geographical distance, many people in hispanic america are actually religious and loyal to christianity, unlike in Europe, especially France.
mohammad   Mon May 12, 2008 6:54 am GMT
Africa is already arab turf and we shall cleanse it of the wretched infidel French language.
Ahmed   Mon May 12, 2008 8:36 am GMT
Hispanic America is already a moslem turf because most of the whites and mestizos there have arab blood (Moriscos) and we shall cleanse it of the wretched infidel Spanish language.
Gotham   Mon May 12, 2008 8:39 am GMT
<< How is he a fanatic? He definitely isn't hispanic. What he listed pretty much makes sense. He didn't say anything to attack French. Is he a fanatic just because he didn't give praise to French or something? I don't understand people's definition of fanatic here.

I do agree with the point about 5 being spoken on five continents. It may be so, but it is only small minority on 3 of them. So I think it is dumb to boast about the continents claim. >>

French is spoken in 5 continents just as English. And it's a joke of you say that Spanish is spoken in 5 continents when it's just 3.

Your name fits to your personality and I DON'T FIND YOUR PRO-HISPANIC AND ANTI-FRENCH JOKES VERY FUNNY, JOKER!