Some dificulties ...

Guest   Tue May 20, 2008 7:10 am GMT
The common mispronunciation of 'pronunciation' is the irony of ironies. I've even heard someone say they had 'good pronounciation' before.
Duane   Tue May 20, 2008 7:28 am GMT
(fs) PRONuNSEAcuN
Guest   Tue May 20, 2008 7:36 am GMT
My high school principal repeatedly mispronounced the word "pronunciation" in one of this speeches. Lots of people laughed about it. LOL
Travis   Tue May 20, 2008 8:03 am GMT
The matter is that with English you really have to just remember the pronunciations for each individual word separately from the spelling in practice, even if the spellings do include important cues for many words. At the same time, due to English being pluricentric in nature, it has to be remembered that many words' pronunciations are not really universally applicable (or regularly transformable so as to be universally applicable) throughout the English-speaking even if one just sticks to standard varieties. Hence in many cases one really has to specifically learn pronunciations for a particular standard or dialect group.
Laura Braun   Tue May 20, 2008 12:47 pm GMT
Russconha, not big deal I can handle it indeed. I really can. I never need to spell the word pronunciation, cause I used my written english only in forums similar like this one and people there enjoyed at my mistakes and nobody said you didnt write in the right way. There are some people who can make a fun from other mistakes and they enjoyed it, because they are cruel.
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 3:00 am GMT
<<Russconha, not big deal I can handle it indeed. I really can. I never need to spell the word pronunciation, cause I used my written english only in forums similar like this one and people there enjoyed at my mistakes and nobody said you didnt write in the right way. There are some people who can make a fun from other mistakes and they enjoyed it, because they are cruel.>>

english => English
enjoy at => enjoy
didnt => didn't
make fun from other mistakes => make fun of others' mistakes

He he he that was enjoyable.
Laura Braun   Wed May 21, 2008 1:04 pm GMT
I have to share with you that I made mistakes with receipt and recipe when I pronunce them. Instead of saying gimme the receipt I said now give the recipe. Wow it's so complicated that it's a lot of fun.
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 2:37 pm GMT
See, we enjoy it and you enjoy it as well. It's a win-win situation.
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 3:59 pm GMT
<<Wow it's so complicated that it's a lot of fun. >>

Just think how much more fun it would be to learn a complex and difficult language, like Chinese, German, Basque, Hungarian, Navajo, etc. (or even Spanish).
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 4:16 pm GMT
<<english => English
enjoy at => enjoy
didnt => didn't
make fun from other mistakes => make fun of others' mistakes>>

One of the great things about English is that you don't need to sweat the small stuff when you write it. Trivial errors like these (and numerous others in the quoted text) are of little or no consequence. English is truly pidgin-like in its simplicity, as long as you don't get too picky over the tiny details.
Meesh   Wed May 21, 2008 6:58 pm GMT
I think she already speaks German. Judging from her last name "Braun" and her placement of commas, I think she speaks German.
mema   Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 pm GMT
مرحبا
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 8:09 pm GMT
<<Judging from her last name "Braun">>

The name could be a red herring. The OP is just as likely to be some guy from Bulgaria.
Laura Braun   Wed May 21, 2008 11:31 pm GMT
hey why you are cheating? Laura Braun is the main character in the movie 'Hours'. Guest why I just have a feeling that I got to know you from some other movie 'Gadiator' may be. Ooops...
Laura Braun   Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 am GMT
I faced some dificulties with my english. I do prefer to share them with you. For example if I'm not concentrated I cann't 'hear' language. Sometimes it's like a white space in my mind and some words flashed from here and there. But if I'm not interested .. forget about it. I can hear my language wherever someone speaks to , but in english. Especially on the TV... if I do not listen I do hear nothing. I was watching GMA but to 'hear' the weather man is so dificult for me as if he speaks some chinese or something. But I enjoy watching it even though that he speaks so fast that it's inbelivable. I watch the movies always with subtitles. When I read it it's easy for me to 'hear' it. But if there is no subtitles sometimes it's really 'Terra incognita' for me.