German masterpieces in Latin

Guest   Tue May 20, 2008 7:31 am GMT
Where can I find the masterpieces of Sigmund Freud translated into Latin? Thank you for your soulful cooperation.
Guest   Tue May 20, 2008 11:51 am GMT
Freud's ramblings are crap in any language.
guest2   Tue May 20, 2008 12:35 pm GMT
I totally agree!
guest2   Tue May 20, 2008 12:35 pm GMT
I totally agree!
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 1:14 am GMT
i love this forum
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 am GMT
I'm awaiting the definitive answer to my vexing query.
kawaii   Wed May 21, 2008 3:00 pm GMT
I think it is impossible.
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 3:05 pm GMT
It is not possible to translate Sigmund Freud into Latin!
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 3:06 pm GMT
But very good vexing query. Respect.
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 3:27 pm GMT
<<i love this forum>>

Why? is full of losers
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 pm GMT
<<It is not possible to translate Sigmund Freud into Latin! >>

Some while back, a Freud fan claimed that Freud's ideas were so complex, deep, and subtle that they could only be properly expressed in a very complex and highly-developed language like German. His ideas are not (easily) expressible in a simple and straightforward language like English.

Question: Is Latin up to the task of properly expressing the ideas of Freud?
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 4:09 pm GMT
"Is Latin up to the task"
I don't know. That may cause a problem or two, but real problem is the fact that Latin is spoken almost exclusive by Catholic priests and professors of Latin. So, even if it'd be possible to find a translator, where the hell would one find a market to sell the books. There's no REASON for translation.
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 6:14 pm GMT
<<There's no REASON for translation. >>

It might be useful in Latin classes. Instead of reading Cicero and Julius Caesar, they could study the translated works of Freud instead..
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 6:27 pm GMT
<<Some while back, a Freud fan claimed that Freud's ideas were so complex, deep, and subtle that they could only be properly expressed in a very complex and highly-developed language like German. His ideas are not (easily) expressible in a simple and straightforward language like English. >>

BULLSHIT! There are no ideas that cannot be expressed in the english language.

Claims such as these, are generally made by non-anglophone people with a weak grasp of the english language, who figure that since they themselves can't express something in english, then it can't be done.
Guest   Wed May 21, 2008 6:42 pm GMT
Latin is perfect after all languages like french,italian,spanish and english come from latin.