"Love" - the ending of the letter

Laura Braun   Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:36 pm GMT
Oh, I thought about the same, but we have to get to know much more english words, so we are learning from each other @-;-{--- .
Stan   Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:35 pm GMT
<< Now, now, what is this... a women's love advice column? Post your thoughts on love on 2ch (www.2ch.net) or somewhere like that ;). >>

Though its an English language forum, the members of, and visitors to the antimoon forum are welcomed to share their thoughts on issues they believe are of considerable importance provided such issues are derivatives from the very essence of the original topic. So go on Laura.

And to Suzzy:

If you are comfortable with dating two men, then you should be comfortable with your boyfriend dating another lady. Where is the morality in modern society?, whats the world turning to?. Whatever happened to the glory of honesty?. If you're thinking of such a repulsive act, then, maybe you're no better than your first guy.
Laura Braun   Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:06 am GMT
You know that love can have diferent faces. It could be the most powerful feeling which can turn up someone's life.Most of the time people complicated the word 'love' with posession of people and that's the most terrible feeling. Love can be obsession. You are obsessed from someone or something and you have no peace on your heart. Love can be truly friendship and nothing more.
Thedi, I thought about your case, you don't know what to do. Don't feel pity to this person. If you feel pity you can complicate pity with love and that's to sad. Finally he is old enough to know what he is doing.
Suzzy there is no solution in your case, because you like the first one it's obvious. So you got second boyfriend to be enough respected as a woman as you said. Is that enough for you? Who knows...
Uriel   Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:35 am GMT
Jeez, Suzzy, ditch the loser. That would be boyfriend #1, if you can't tell from your own posts...
Laura Braun   Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:06 pm GMT
Suzzi, have found an article for you open new magasine of People, and there is an article called 'Why we Love bad boys'. There is your explanation. Girls liked bad boys, because they are full with passion, they are not predictable, because they are cannot be controlled, because they are naughty...
d   Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:04 pm GMT
How about when you put a number of x's at the end of a letter?

example:

lots of hugs from
anna xxxxxxx
R S   Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:15 pm GMT
I feel it depends on the letter all about. If the letter is of romantic feelings then that "Love" really mean the same as said above. But in normal cases the "love" doesn't create any romantic touch.
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:10 pm GMT
When you want express more feelings you can use emoticons at the end of the letter :
: * kisses
:-X a big wet kiss!
:-x kiss kiss
:-{} blowing a kiss
[] hugs
(( )):** hugs and kisses
((((name)))) hug
Pravi   Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:31 pm GMT
I feel Love is often used depending on the emotions of the individual. Some girls use this as passion. Believe me. A well advanced girl might use this for every other person. This does not have any meaning in the end of a letter. But if it is that they do not use it for each and every one, and dedicated to only one like Deborah’s friend, then it does have a special meaning. And obviously, very few guys use this. I had some friends from Malta. There, the girls used to end their letters with XXXX. I asked them what do these 4 X's mean. They informed that they were another way of saying "with kisses". Again, they did not have any romantic feelings for me. So, it depends on the individuals view and also the reader’s perception.
Adding to this, Laura Braun, you can conduct a love training class, coz you have many suggestions and thoughts about love. Trust me; I’ll be the first person to register for the class.
Terry   Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:10 am GMT
I often use "Love," at the end of cards and emails to close friends, people I feel fond of. It means nothing romantically, just that I love them. You can love people you aren't romantically involved with. Think of your parents, grandparents and children as well as good friends. There are lots of different kinds of love. With colleagues etc., I use "Best Wishes."

Don't read too much into it if you get a letter signed, "Love." There are plenty of other ways people let each know they "love" in a romantic manner, which I think the original poster was asking. On a language forum we really can't help you much with that. Trust your instinct and if you're confused, use language, that's what it's there for - ask.
d   Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:20 pm GMT
yes, i think that "love" can be used in so many ways, but is it the same with x's?. The thing is that the girl in question is a reserved english girl and i really don't know what to believe.. hmm, maybe i have to figure this one out by myself.
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:34 pm GMT
d,
Love can have diferent faces. I don't know what has happened in this world , but sometimes girls are more agressive then boys. They recognised that with their sexuality they have a power to control the world. Somehow with this emancipation girls think that they are equally important as boys. To be honest I prefer an old fashioned model If a boy likes a girl let he makes the first step, which sometimes is so dificult. Let he send flowers and letters and kisses. Most of people are afraid that they can be denied, that they cannot be accepted as they are.
ashley   Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:10 am GMT
this just sucks
Guest   Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:05 am GMT
Usually I just end a letter with sincerely.
Kess   Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:23 am GMT
in Brazil, um abraço (a hug) is a normal expression of saying: bye...
it's used even in the man2man communication...it's normal to hug another man in brazil