Which language spoke Napoleon I?

Samuel   Sat May 31, 2008 3:53 pm GMT
Which language spoke Napoleon I?
Guest   Sat May 31, 2008 3:55 pm GMT
Corsican and French.
I hate spam   Sat May 31, 2008 4:13 pm GMT
He was mother tongue Italian. His family was from Tuscany. French soldiers call him "l'italien". He spoke French with a strong Italian accent.
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:12 am GMT
ahahahaah Napoleon Italian?
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 pm GMT
Napoleone Buonaparte.
Afrika Korps   Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:02 pm GMT
He was the greatest general modern italians ever produced - and the only good one. Besides, his soldiers weren't italians.
Wellington   Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:31 pm GMT
He was not as successful as many believe today, his military career is ful of organizational desasters and lost battles....
Frère   Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:30 pm GMT
<< He was not as successful as many believe today, his military career is ful of organizational desasters and lost battles.... >>

Everybody has flipsides.
In spite of his failures, Napoleon achieved a lot.

Btw, this is supposed to be a language forum, isn't it?
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:55 pm GMT
"He was the greatest general modern italians ever produced - and the only good one. Besides, his soldiers weren't italians."

Not True. His soldiers were also Italians. André Masséna, was born Andrea Massena in Nice (Nizza Marittima).
Guest   Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:57 pm GMT
Napoelon was a great Latin general who conquered almost all Europe and smashed Germany and other lesser nations.
Escargot   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 am GMT
If he was mother tongue Italian, why in the movies he speaks with French Accent?
Guest   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:37 am GMT
Yes, other Latin person smashing German people. Wow! Rome, Spain and France were incredible Latin powers. England too.

So, if you count important Empires: Latin Empires 3- German & British 1.

Latin people win!!!!!!!
Guest   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 am GMT
What language spoke Napoleon I?

What the shit are you on about? Languages are inanimate and cannot speak... The word 'speak' by definition cannot take a personal pronoun as a direct object. What universe are you living in mofo?
Guest   Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:42 pm GMT
Napi   Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:33 pm GMT
Napoleon was some kind of theatralic overestimized fool and spoke the language of blood and foolish pride. Pol Pot, Mao and Stalin sit together with him in hell and play bridge....