Turkish vs Persian

Guest   Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:33 pm GMT
In the XXI century, another languages are emerging as very important regional/global languages. If we see the posible new important regional languages we have in west asia and central asia two languages that surely will grow to much in the region. This two languages, Turkish and Persian have a good opportunity to become very knowledgeable languages no only in the region but even beyond this.

Turkish: Is official language in Turkey, Cyprus and even in Kosovo. This language has to much potential to grow in the Balkans, eastern europe, and in central asia. In germany 2.5 millons speak Turkish and this language will have international status when turkey will join the European Union, and who knows if one day becomes a working language in this organization. Turkish uses latin alphabet and is studied in countries like Azerbaijan or Uzbekistan.

Persian: Have official status in Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan. Understood in coutries like Turkmenistan, west of Pakistan or Uzbekistan. Now this language is acquiring great importance in the world. Even in the U.S. are studying this language for "national security". Potential to grow above the central asia but also south asia. Persian uses Arabic script

1- which of these languages will gain more prominence and international presence?

2-shall become one of these languages in lingua franca in central asia as is now Russian? will overcome in importance to Russian?

3-these languages, will overcome in importance to European languages such as Italian or German?
Mustache Kamel Antiturk   Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 pm GMT
>>Turkish and Persian have a good opportunity to become very knowledgeable languages no only in the region but even beyond this.

Dream on! Turkish had its chance centuries ago when Ottomans tried to conquer Europe and failed.

>>This language has to much potential to grow in the Balkans, eastern europe, and in central asia. In germany 2.5 millons speak Turkish and this language will have international status when turkey will join the European Union, and who knows if one day becomes a working language in this organization.

To grow in Balkans? Where? Bulgaria is the only Balkan country with a sizable Turkish minority. So better say "to grow in Bulgaria". By the way, Turkish WAS compulsory in Bulgaria until a decade ago. As for Kosovo...LOL
Eastern Europe?! In which country? In Romania, Moldavia, Belarus, Ukraine? Are you joking?
In Germany Turkish it's spoken only by turks - and all of them speak German. It has no chance to grow there outside the Turkish community.
Spanish is also official and working language of EU but this fact didn't made it more important than already was. Why do you think for Turkish it will be different?

>>Turkish uses latin alphabet and is studied in countries like Azerbaijan or Uzbekistan.

So what? I know Azeri is nearly identical to Turkish but so are Portuguese and Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian... And Turkish is not important in Central Asia - Russian is.

>>Persian: Have official status in Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan. Understood in coutries like Turkmenistan, west of Pakistan or Uzbekistan.

Yes, Persian is important in the lands of Iranic culture and ALWAYS was.

>>hall become one of these languages in lingua franca in central asia as is now Russian? will overcome in importance to Russian?

My dear, Russian IS GROWING in importance in Central Asia. Russia kicked out USA from Uzbekistan (remember American bases there?) and is struggling to rebuild its empire. And almost half of the population of Kazakhstan is ethic Russian.

>>these languages, will overcome in importance to European languages such as Italian or German?

Italy and Germany are in G8. Maybe, when Turkey and Iran will be developed countries, both economically and technologically. But not in XXI century.
Guest   Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:31 pm GMT
<<Italy and Germany are in G8. Maybe, when Turkey and Iran will be developed countries, both economically and technologically. But not in XXI century.>>

In which century then? MMMDCCCLXXXVIII ?????

<<My dear, Russian IS GROWING in importance in Central Asia. Russia kicked out USA from Uzbekistan (remember American bases there?) and is struggling to rebuild its empire. And almost half of the population of Kazakhstan is ethic Russian. >>

Russian growing in importance in Central Asia?? Dream on! My dear antimoon user, sound to you the fall of the Soviet Union?

<<So what? I know Azeri is nearly identical to Turkish but so are Portuguese and Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian... And Turkish is not important in Central Asia - Russian is.>>

Yes, that's why Ukrainians speak russian and portuguese speak spanish

<<To grow in Balkans? Where? Bulgaria is the only Balkan country with a sizable Turkish minority. So better say "to grow in Bulgaria". By the way, Turkish WAS compulsory in Bulgaria until a decade ago. As for Kosovo...LOL
Eastern Europe?! In which country? In Romania, Moldavia, Belarus, Ukraine? Are you joking?
In Germany Turkish it's spoken only by turks - and all of them speak German. It has no chance to grow there outside the Turkish community.
Spanish is also official and working language of EU but this fact didn't made it more important than already was. Why do you think for Turkish it will be different?>>

I also hate Ottomans but is inevitable to join of turkey to the EU because our politicians have been sold to Islam so imagine the free circulation of 80 million people in Europe, therefore there are Turkish communities in Macedonia, Greece, albania and elsewhere like central asia even in some chinese provinces, turkish is spoken.

So in you opinion, persian is and will have more international recognition, truth?
Guest   Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:32 pm GMT
Actually, Ukrainians do speak Russian.
Guest   Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:09 pm GMT
Sorry if sound too delusional but Turkey will never join the EU. We have too many muslims already.
Güest   Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:03 pm GMT
1- which of these languages will gain more prominence and international presence?

-No.

2-shall become one of these languages in lingua franca in central asia as is now Russian? will overcome in importance to Russian?

-No. No.

3-these languages, will overcome in importance to European languages such as Italian or German?

-No.

The simple explanation why?

-English.
Invitado   Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:49 pm GMT
Does persian use the Latin script?
Hermano   Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 pm GMT
<< Does persian use the Latin script? >>

Persian uses Perso-Arabic script in Iran and Afghanistan, whilst in Central Asia it uses Cyrillic script.
Guest   Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:39 pm GMT
I am an American and I'm learning RUssian so fast so when invaded I might be spared by the Red Army.

Не убивайте меня пожалуйста. Я хочу помочь вам покорить эту страну.
Earle   Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:16 pm GMT
There'll never be a Red Army again. Hell, in the shape it's in now, it doesn't even make "pink."
Guest   Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:47 pm GMT
Russian army still has enough warheads to make you turn "yellow".
Guest   Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:50 pm GMT
I thought they make you turn green.
MeralDemirel   Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:35 am GMT
Azers speak Türkçe in their accent and we speak Türkçe in our own way but still we understand each other with no problem and with other Türk countries we cant actually communicate that easily but mostly they understand what we talk about,if we speak basic,there is no problem

in Germany they say 3 million Türk live and those Türks are becoming and became employers also they say 10 million Türk live in Europe,so not just Germany.According to economy analysers Türk economy will be in top ten in volume in 2050 so It has a future and Türk Communities are everywhere like Ukraine,Kırım Özerk Bölgesi-Cream Otonomy-and hell yes they speak Türkçe

i dont care EU but Türks may have some special project on Türkish Countries's Languages to be able to understand each other easily like Cengiz Aymatov mentioned before he died