Because of the power and presence of English...

Nadal   Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:26 pm GMT
Spanish language is the most important one in tennis.
JLK   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:45 pm GMT
Nadal will always be known as #2. It's no great surprise to me that he won Wimbledon though. They've slowed down the surface so much that it now plays like a clay court. It is remarkable that Federer came so close to beating him. Wimbledon has tried for many years to accommodate the pansy Spanish tennis players and it looks like they've now succeeded. They might as well call it French Open No.2. It's simply ridiculous...

Anyways, let's all have fun watching Federer smoke Nadal in the finals of the U.S Open.
Guest   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:06 am GMT
<< continue to experience fear, much fear....

but then you dare to say where is everyone despite the fact that you have no idea. >>

Why do you ask for my whereabouts? You must be an internet spy.
Guest   Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:01 pm GMT
The topic is: "Because of the power and presence of English".

Not Spanish blabla... You are spamming on all the topics.
Wimbledon is Spanish.   Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:29 pm GMT
Federer has not won both Wimbledon and Roland Garros like Nadal. That he is the number 1 now will not last forever, he will eventually cede his position to Nadal who is much younger. But Nadal at his early age has achieved what only a few had done in the past: to win both Roland Garros and Wimbledon. Heil to Nadal, the upcoming number 1 in world tennis
JLK   Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:54 pm GMT
Federer has won Wimbledon, the Australian Open and the U.S Open consistently for the past five years. Nadals feat is very minor in comparison. And Nadal is only 4 years younger not a big difference. Bjorn Borg won the French Open and Wimbledon back to back 3 years in a row. Nadal will never accomplish that! And Federer is still #1, the champion! And he speaks German so get lost troll....
Guest   Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:14 pm GMT
We can speak about the question, please?

1. English is an important language, but not as important as JLK and other people want to tell us.

It is the mother tongue of 375 million people. It is, perhaps, spoken by other 500 million. Other people say that 1 billion more. The last number is not very serious.

If we are stricter and we can only add people with a mastery similar to native speakers, we can be very shocked. Perhaps, English is hardly spoken by 550 million people (native speakers + second speakers with similar level).

So, Chinese, Hindi, Spanish and Arabic are languages with a similar or better number of speakers depending on the language.

2. French, Chinese, Hindi, Arabic and Spanish have more points to be considered the second most important language. Perhaps, French and Spanish more. Both are official in a lot of international organizations, they are the most studied languages worldwide, etc.

However, French speakers and pro-French people can't say that the number of speakers it is an important point too. French is hardly in the top ten languages, and in the near future it won't be. There will be several Asiatic languages, almost unknown now, that will be in the top ten.

In short, there is not a clear second world language. Anyway there are several important regional languages: Chinese, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic, French, Russian, Portuguese and German.

PD. Perhaps, if people from New Zealand, Japan, South Africa, Norway, Argentina and Alaska say the same language it will be more scientific:)
K.T.   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:43 am GMT
Тhat's very interesting! Thanks.
K. T.   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:50 am GMT
I didn't write the message above. Federer is a polyglot, though, so that's always interesting, lol.
Bente   Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:07 am GMT
Hello everybody,

I consider very intereting all your comments. In my opinion, I think English is and will be the international language for centuries. British and American people have known how to sell their own language. I also think that other important languages like, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese are going to be important in the future. I don't think that one language is better than another one. I really think that all the languages are beautiful. It is very sad that many languages are going to disappear in the future and only a few of them will be survived.

Another comment is the two guys, I don't know from where exactly, STOP DISSCUSSING about Spanish and French. You can express your opinion BUT not insult each other. "Sometimes", you annoy the rest of the people in this forum. And also, I would like to say: PLEASE DON'T USE THE NICK NAMES OF OTHER PEOPLE. So, you, guys, calm down, ok. Overcoat, the guy wh defends the french Language. Because he or she usually starts the fight. With this, not means I am Spanish or Hispanic or I defend the Spanish one. I am from Dermark. And I think your both languages, Spanish & French, are beautiful.

Thank you
Guest   Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:20 am GMT
It's futile because a catastrophic asteroid collision will wipe out humanity within the next century.
Curioso   Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:36 am GMT
It is always funny to see how those creeps who post here let their insecurities permeate through their writings. Spanish is a very strong language and it will always be that way. You are all a bunch of pathetic and insecure jerks. If you were comfortable with who you are and what you are you wouldn't be writing those stupid comments about other languages. Get a life! And more education.
Guest   Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:00 pm GMT
"Spanish is a very strong language "
No.
In Europe Spanish has less presence than Dutch or Polish — despite the fact that Spain is the sole more or less advanced Hispanic society.
Guest   Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:31 pm GMT
In Europe Spanish is less importante than (in order):

1 English
2 French
3 German
4 Italian
5 Russian
Max   Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:33 pm GMT
Stop Spanish spam please.

The topic is: "Because of the power and presence of English..."

There are other topics about Spanish language.