What is the most important language for Catholic people?

God   Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 am GMT
we all know that Arabic is the language that Muslims must to learn.
This doesn't happen in the Catholic world, mainly because it seeks to extend the religion taught in local languages, not as Islam where you have to learn Arabic. For my, English is completely discarded since U.S. and UK have little to do with the Catholic religion ... According to the number of speakers Catholics, Spanish and Portuguese occupy the top positions. For history, would be Spanish and Italian but even so I have doubts. It is clear that for Catholics there is nothing similar to Arabic for Muslims ... but even so What is the most important language for the Catholic people?

I have not talked about Latin because is a dead language. we must to see among the living languages which is the one that best represents to Catholics for learn this (like arabic por muslims)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Mapamundi_cat%C3%B3lico_%282005%29.png

In this map we see as the majority of Catholics are concentrated in Latin america and Latin europe, but also should be stressed Filipinas and some other African countries as DR Congo, Angola or equatorial guinea.
So, what language should be learned throughout the Christian world? Portuguese, Italian, Spanish Hebrew...

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholicism_by_country
Nostradamus   Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:33 am GMT
Perfect topic for Spanish Spammer!
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:47 am GMT
The languages the Pope speaks..
God   Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34 am GMT
Nostradamus,

If you want to participate you are welcome, but if you want to fight is best to write in the topics for that there is for fight. The religion is against fighting, we are not muslims. thank you.

Guest,

Pope speak many languages but he dominates better Latin languages, i know this because Pope speak everyday with me... is seeking a single language as the Muslims have the Arabic
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:43 am GMT
God, who's the troll now? If you're God then I'm a monkey's uncle.

Nostradamus, why don't you go post on the "I need some" thread?
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 am GMT
Most important languages in the Roman Church are Italian and English.

Italian cause it has de facto substituted Latin as administration language. You can't do a career within the Catholic hierarchy without a good command of Italian. Most bishops and all cardinals are fluent, it's a non-written law.

English, because as an international institution primarily rooted in the Western world the Roman Church has to use the most international of languages. Makes sense.
God   Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:51 am GMT
<<God, who's the troll now? If you're God then I'm a monkey's uncle.

Nostradamus, why don't you go post on the "I need some" thread?>>

Peace for all world, brother

<<Most important languages in the Roman Church are Italian and English.>>

Can you see the diference between Catholic people and Roman Church?
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 am GMT
"Catholic people and Roman Church": they are supposed to be undistinguishable. It's a central tenet of Roman Catholicism.
Shrey   Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:34 am GMT
I think the most important language for the Catholic people would arguable be Italian as Catholicism had it's origin in Italy (even though latin was the predominant language; not italian). But most of the latin literature pertaining to Catholicism was translated first to Italian and then to several other languages. But it's really hard to say which language is the most or least important for the Catholic people as they're spread out everywhere.

If by importance you mean, the literature...then Latin and Italian. If by importance you mean the number of people...then it's Spanish (as it has a huge Catholic population).
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:51 pm GMT
In theory it should be Latin but it is a shame that priests no longer use Latin in Churches. It would be so intesting only from the cultural point of view! After Latin, Spanish is the most important language for Catholics as more than 50% of Catholics speak Spanish. Also the Catholic faith was spread around the world in Spanish. If it wasn't tanks to Spain, Catholicism would be an irrelevant branch of Christianism in South Europe and Protestantism and Calvinism would reign in South America. God thanks that didn't happen.
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:06 pm GMT
<<The languages the Pope speaks..>>

Haha...German. That's right boys. How do the Hispanic trolls feel about that???
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:10 pm GMT
<<How do the Hispanic trolls feel about that??? >>
pues muy mal, que quieres que te diga.
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 pm GMT
"In theory it should be Latin but it is a shame that priests no longer use Latin in Churches. It would be so intesting only from the cultural point of view! After Latin, Spanish is the most important language for Catholics as more than 50% of Catholics speak Spanish. Also the Catholic faith was spread around the world in Spanish. If it wasn't tanks to Spain, Catholicism would be an irrelevant branch of Christianism in South Europe and Protestantism and Calvinism would reign in South America. God thanks that didn't happen." Spanish Spammer said
K. T.   Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 pm GMT
Why wouldn't God know the answer? It's because you are impersonating God and doing a bad job, I must say-especially that omniscient part.
Guest   Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:37 pm GMT
Jesus spoke Aramaic, Latin and probably Greek. God speaks all the languages that are all to the same level.