What is your linguistic background?

VladTepes   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 pm GMT
What languages do your family speak as native, and non-native languages? Or do you come from a homogenous linguistic background?
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:12 pm GMT
why should my family speak non-native languages?

and we are not homos!!!!!
VladTepes   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:27 pm GMT
"why should my family speak non-native languages? "

It should be obvious, but some people have family that are foreign born, or they are descendants of immigrants who passed down the language, etc etc.
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:06 pm GMT
nevertheless im not homo
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:15 pm GMT
"nevertheless im not homo"

Methinketh you doth protest too much.
Guest   Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:30 pm GMT
VladTepes, why don't you tell us what's your homoerogenous linguistic background. Are you still impaling your ancestors?
Guesto   Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:24 pm GMT
<<Methinketh you doth protest too much. >>

Methink'th thou dost too much protest
Super Korean   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:07 pm GMT
My first language is Korean and my family speaks Korean at home.
My grandparents grew up in Japanese colonial era, so they speak Japanese fluently although they are ethnically 100% Korean.

My grandma taught me some Japanese when I was young.

I have a dozen of Korean American relatives(uncles, aunts and cousins); my cousins speak English perfectly because they grew up in the US. My aunts and uncles speak English okay but they have a strong Korean accent and I don't think they can shake it forever.

Korean is an isolate language or distantly related to Japanese and other Altaic languages.
I speak English with an American accent and a little bit of Korean traces.
http://media.putfile.com/doksuri
Shrey   Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:42 pm GMT
My parents are Indian (portuguese goan and portuguese persian actually) but I grew up speaking about 4 indian languages + 4 dialects + spanish + czech (as I live in Prague now) + a bit of german and a bit of persian....
Xie   Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:45 am GMT
Yeah, and I'm a heavy visual learner
Guest   Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:03 am GMT
What, Xie?
Eix   Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:32 am GMT
Xie: <<Yeah, and I'm a heavy visual learner>>

I think it was definitely because of the resurgence of this idea after the return of such things a few years before. After all, only in that country can one have Poh-Kittle, and that's why the people there don't really agree with what I was talking about. Nevertheless,it would be presumptuous to claim there was no result from the change, for even today we can find such speakers although their numbers are decreasing. As for learning languages, it's not even possible on a local level so it's highly unlikely that such a governmental policy would ever be implemented, even if the former CIP party were to appeal the decision. I think it's more a question of what you learn better as a student of such matters, I don't even think I could do it if I did go overseas, because it is kind of debilitating when such cases come to light.

I spent a lot of time studying their method, and eventually I came to the conclusion that Wok-Pokrl is the most effective means of removing such imperfections. Anyway, I beleive that one could find out what was going on simply by inquiring at a local office, but such offices need to be fine tuned for the next generation. I think it shouldn't come down to such mundane business matters when dealing with people who like to behave like this and make pretentious claims.
Xie   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:49 am GMT
I don't know what the ... you are talking about.
Guest   Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:03 am GMT
Why did you say you were a visual learner in the first place?
Geoff_One   Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:35 am GMT
<< I don't know what the ... you are talking about. >>

It is not that difficult to workout, although it requires some analysis.