Le point de traduire a l'ordinateur

Caspian   Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:59 pm GMT
Quel est le point de traduire quelquechose dans une autre langue avec l'ordinateur? Si on utilisait 'Google Traduction', par exemple, il y a un traduction, mais il est tres mauvais, et pour la plupart, difficile pour comprendre. J'apprends le Francais maintenant, et je ne peux pas ecrire les accents car je n'utilise pas mon ordinateur, et je sais que mon francais n'est pas toujours bon, mais aussi je sais qu'on peut m'apprendre. Si on utilise 'Google Traduction' pour traduire cette texte a l'anglais, donc, c'est mauvais, n'est-ce pas?

What is the point of bringing something in another language with the computer? If we use 'Google Translation', for example, there is a translation, but it is very bad, and most difficult to understand. I'm learning French now, and I can not write accents because I do not use my computer, and I know that my French is not always good, but I know that you can understand me. If you use 'Google Translation' to translate this text has English, the translation is bad, n'est-ce pas?
Loris   Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:26 pm GMT
You're right. The automatic translations of entire texts are always bad, and we never now bad they are unless we know at least a bit of the language. Yet, in that case we wouldn't need the automatic translation...

However, it can be useful in case of doubts concerning isolated words or expressions.
Guest   Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:04 pm GMT
Your machine translation above is pretty good. How about this, translated from Spanish into English:

Tan choncho as a bug
More Chueca that fayuca
with fusca and bludgeon
you walk in step guarura.

Best I made a chela
and plug chance una chava
Chambi of chafirete
I chew well and Pachanga.
Guest   Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:18 pm GMT
Of course poetry won't translate very well into English. Google translation is good for things like, say, a Biology textbook or something from French or Spanish into English
Caspian   Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:40 am GMT
No it isn't good for that! It is good for individual words perhaps, or to get the gist of what a sentence means, but never for professional translations!
Guest   Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:12 am GMT
the point is to get the gist of what's written