Claim: Sun Yat-sen was Korean

Guest   Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:35 am GMT
Aren't Aum Shinri Kyo the ones who released Sarin gas in the Tokyo subways?
JIAJIA   Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:39 am GMT
《Aren't Aum Shinri Kyo the ones who released Sarin gas in the Tokyo subways?》

Yes, FLG would be the second Aum Shinri Kyo in China, if Li Hong Zhi did not run to USA and keep silenct without doing any illegal activities.
Guest   Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 am GMT
Falun Gong didn't do anything wrong though. The only reason they are persecuted is because they have ideology conflicting with the state communism.

Besides, being in a cult is not a reason to be executed. In America there are lots of people in cults, eg Scientology, who are not executed.
JIAJIA   Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:37 am GMT
Do you know clearly about Li Hong Zhi's history?
When he was working, he never worked hard and was not responsible for himself, And he often fighted cruelly with others in the street, and he was able to maintain a living with poor salary, but he is really a clear man, a few years later, he began to lead some lectures about "QiGong", and later, he plagiarized a lot of articals from Buddhism, and he called himself as the greatest God, Sakyamuni and Jesus are Nothing, if compared with himself. And his books were sold out with a very high price, and then believers regared Li Hong Zhi as the only God in their heart, after that, Li Hong Zhi could do everything at will just like "Shoko Asahara" (Aum Shinri Kyo), although he didn't have enough ability to spread Sarin gas or something horrible, his final aim is to get hold of the position of mental leader, and get control of the whole China, and he and his members did such a lot to deceive the people in the world, claimed that FLG members are Killed or Tortured by China's Government, it's obviously too stupid to make people trust him only due to those foolish news. Do you think China's Government would be such a silly one to do that in order to let all people abuse it??? No, it's just like a black humor.
Guest   Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:51 am GMT
Using "he might be a terrorist oneday" is not legit. There's no solid evidence. None of the above listed things are considered a crime in a civilised country. Yes, people will think you're screwed up, but you can do it.
JIAJIA   Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:58 am GMT
OH...so tired to argue, I'm going for supper, hope you have a nice day.
Xie   Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:04 pm GMT
All that I know, outside the de facto border of China (PRC), was that: for instance, there had been attempts of FLG members to open the stomaches of some fellow FLG members in order to the Falun (law-wheel) this is going on in their bodies - namely their stomaches.

That was the interpretation of a not-very-pro-government but fairly-pro-leftist newspaper.

Well, when I speak of idea, ideology and the difference between fact and myth... there are countless instances that you just can't judge things that easily by saying this is true and that is wrong. You'd probably never know who is behind Li Hongzhi, or who is behind Korea's alleged made-up history/culture/inventions or whatnot.

The rule of thumb, as I see it as a student in my own country, is that, I THINK, you guys should learn to be critical thinkers. By "I think" I mean I don't think it's a must, but as a random Chinese netizen who happens to bump into you guys, my advice is that it'd be a good thing if you do.

What do I think about the original topic? Well, there "might" have been truths and scams in the reports of both Chinese and Korean journalists and scholars. I can't stop some of my people from bashing anything Korean, but since I respect the freedom of speech, and since I don't have the PRC-ish authority to shut up their mouths, I'd just let them say whatever they like, as long as they don't break the law of my country and they don't hurt the interests of anybody (well, at least, people like me). And my last word here is: it'd be stupid of you to waste your bandwidth to argue about something, to hate someone, and to support your country/whatnot blindly, as if that would make you feel like you were a happy camper, because that would mean utter ignorance as a product of utter arrogance.
Guest   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:14 pm GMT
<<Third (very important), please get an authorized history book (NOT Anti-Chinese political style), read it through carefully to find your answer.>>

Where would you find an "authorized history book"? Who does the authorizing? (something like the NYS Board of Regents?)