Please read this thread..... Be necessary

Johan   Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:20 am GMT
Okay, so... the Franco-Spanish conflict is back!

Guys, and I mean both francophones and hispanophiles, you're starting to get on everybody's nerves... really!

Don't even start talking about English!!! The lingua franca of the world belongs to the one who respect to the national right(not human right,national custom,and its beauty.
English will never be important because it is a colonial language hated by the one who has been colonized by its owner.

Take latin and french as example.
People learned latin because it was a colonial language,but after romans being collapsed, people chose not to learn it or forgot it.
sometimes ppl read it because they just "borrowed" it for literature.
It's the same for English. Ppl learn it just for advancing their country's technology and science. After their country's technology and science is better than USA, they would choose to forget English which they have learnt.
But french is different.
although french grandeur was over, it beauty still remains in our heart.... so some ppl keep on learning it. Are there any foreigners who think English is more beautiful than English?

On the other hand, many people around the world hate USA intervening their country's civil affair (don't mention their name,u guys know). So the citizens of those countries learn english just for some certain purpose:making their technology better than USA from learning English,after that, they won't need to learn English anymore. That's their thought in majority. So, i think English works as function as latin..... oneday,no one will use english.

Arabic is more important than English because of oil.

Oneday, arabic countries don't export their oil to non-arabic countries,I think the president of USA will speak Arabic in public in USA.

So, in reality, English is not important!
Johan   Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:21 am GMT
corection:
Are there any foreigners who think English is more beautiful than french?
Veyron   Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 am GMT
<< Arabic is more important than English because of oil.

Oneday, arabic countries don't export their oil to non-arabic countries,I think the president of USA will speak Arabic in public in USA. >>

lol.
My friend, you missed something very important... oil will oneday run out, it already ran out in the US and it will soon run out in the Middle East (I'll give it a 100 years.)

Plus, the future of humanity will not depend on oil... there will be many other prevalent forms of energy; nuclear, solar, and wind just to name a few. THe future of the earth is (or at least, will have to be) green... otherwise, there will be no earth anymore.

So your argument doesn't make any sense.

Plus, you're copying me... which is repulsive.
Veyron   Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:58 am GMT
Also, don't be stupid and mindlessly bash ALL colonies without using your head first...

The best thing that ever happened to Hong Kong was the fact that it became a British colony... that made it one of the richest and most advanced "administrative regions" in th world!

Yes, colonization has its bad and horrible sides, but it has also done very good and beneficial things to the colonized nations. For example, many schools, roads, and hospitals were built by colonial powers.
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:30 am GMT
"Veyron Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:58 am GMT
Also, don't be stupid and mindlessly bash ALL colonies without using your head first...

The best thing that ever happened to Hong Kong was the fact that it became a British colony... that made it one of the richest and most advanced "administrative regions" in th world! "

Do u hear about " 1967 Riots"?(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_1967_Leftist_Riots)

That's what brits brought to hk!
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 am GMT
"People learned latin because it was a colonial language,but after romans being collapsed, people chose not to learn it or forgot it. "

Johan, this is ludicrous. 1,000 after the Roman empire collapsed Laton was still the universal language for science and administration in western Europe.
If English is going to undergo a similar fate it has a brilliant future ahead!
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:41 am GMT
<<Johan, this is ludicrous. 1,000 after the Roman empire collapsed Laton was still the universal language for science and administration in western Europe.
If English is going to undergo a similar fate it has a brilliant future ahead!>>

Stop spitting hallucinatory madness! There was no such reason for Latin to be used so much for so long other than Religious Fervour. English is not linked to Religious Fervour, so I conclude the chances of such Lengthy Endurance by English is actually Less than Nothing.
Guest   Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:16 am GMT
> Stop spitting hallucinatory madness! There was no such reason for Latin to be used so much for so long other than Religious Fervour.

Wrong! Do some reading before making such claims.