The Best of Antimoon Forum

L-Marie   Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:40 pm GMT
The question is to the forum creators ;) :
When are you going to make collections of The Best of Antimoon of 2005-2007? ;)
Laura Braun   Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:35 pm GMT
The question is who is going to read whole that garbage apart from the best one. I give you five bucks if you can read it all of that.
Tom   Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:28 am GMT
I'm actually working (slowly) on the Best of 2005 and on filtering the previous Best of pages. It's taking an ungodly amount of time to review the thousands of threads that have been posted here. As for best of 2006, 2007, 2008... no bloody way I'm going to do that, unless somebody gives me a month of spare time and lots of Belgian beer!
Thanks for asking, though.
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 am GMT
I know times are difficult at the present time and dosh is getting tighter but I reckon we should all chip in here with whatever odd coppers (or cents or whatever) we can spare so that we can supply Tom with a limitless supply of Stellas.
User   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:34 am GMT
The best messages are writen by some Guests.
Guest   Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:50 pm GMT
@ Tom:

That's what makes me wonder since a long time:

What are the criteria you apply for choosing the best of the whole lot of postings?
Tom   Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:17 pm GMT
I take the point of view of someone trying to find the answer to a language question. If a topic is likely to answer someone's question (or at least provide more information), it stays. I usually delete the more "chatty" topics which consist of one-line responses and usually drift off-topic -- the sort of topics that are more fun to post in than to read, if you know what I mean.

It's really obvious when someone starts a topic even though they have nothing interesting to say on the subject. Sometimes the other posters "save" the topic by posting something interesting (even if the original post wasn't), but sometimes they don't...
carms   Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:25 pm GMT
just pick it up if the topic is with sense but in non-sense just ignore it.
Laura Braun   Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:58 am GMT
Tom is right. He needs a lot of beer to read most of it. I suggest mjd to help him and some native speaker with free time to waste.