Do you have American voice but British accent?

Banimibo-ofori Jack   Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:23 pm GMT
Sometimes we become confused of what English accent that would best suit us as learners the English language. And most times we make mistakes in chosing an English accent which, though it is of popular demand, is not the right accent because of the sound of our voices. It may strike some of us as new that voice is not accent; and it may interest you to know that with the way Indians sound, American accent will be best for most of them. I have seen and heard an Indian lady on CNN, broadcasting the weather forecast. She uses American accent in such a way that she can pass for a native Texan. Perhaps Indians will almost always make good Americans for their R-tongue.
There were times when I tried to adopt New York accent because it was the closest thing to London accent which I had already mastered. People would still tell me I sounded like British, though. This was because I had a voice suitable for British English. Now I make the best of it abandoning my learning of American accent just to let my London accent grow in leaps and bounds. Why don't you see for yourself to know what English accent your voice will be used to an advantage? It could be Australian accent. Who knows.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:29 pm GMT
No, however I definitely have a British voice with a Scottish accent. How about that then?
Banimibo-ofori Jack   Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:05 pm GMT
Damian, if you have a British voice and a Scotish accent, then you'll make a good British man. A good British person in that you'll sound a little serious, clear and very sexy to most Canadians. A Canadian young lady once said that British people sound very sexily to Canadians, but I should have told her ' speak for yourself ' because I didn't think all Canadians would agree with a view.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:11 pm GMT
Banimibo-ofori Jack:

The sound of one's voice or accent is definitely NO guarantee of sexual prowess you know! How someone interprets any given accent is, of course, up to them and how they fantasise about them. The Glaswegian or Brummie accents, just as examples, can sound pretty dire and dreich to the ear, but visually the story can be very different indeed. I know for a fact that there are some really hot, really heart stoppingly attractive people from both Glasgow and Birmingham! ;-)

In my earlier post I was merely trying to emphasise the very obvious difference between all the various British accents...each one is British of course, but at the same time peculiar to their own localised bases here.