Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary - 3rd edition

Xie   Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 am GMT
Hm, I heard that the new CALD is out. As I can see, it's now with lots of new features including a completely new layout (unlike the 2nd), quite a few functions about doing drills (pretty like Cambridge Grammar in the CD form, and possibly many many other grammar exercise sites) and... naturally, unsurprisingly, more new words... and I also think copying the text (if you use this for SRS) is now more convenient than the 1st edition I've been using for years.

Actually, I can't use the 2nd at all; every time I tried, there's always an error about some ??program?? I dont really know. When you click any entry there, ok, it's highlighted for visual convenience, but then selecting an entry and highlighting a chunk of text for copying isn't really that straightforward.

I think I should try more before I write more. Are our admins going to write a review about this? I think this new edition is worth your attention.
Tom   Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:06 am GMT
Hi,
The latest CALD is on my desk right now. It will be reviewed in a comparative review of all advanced learner's dictionaries sometime next month.