need some advises about writing skills.

Evid_Y   Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:10 am GMT
Hi!everyone.
I've been learned English for a long time, I use Supermemo everyday to improve my vacabulary.and I often read the English news on the Internet.But I still have some writing problems.when I want to write someting,I just can not make a sentence describe what I want to say!This make me feel really frustrated.should I remember some sentence structure?I just need some advises,please!
and,if you find out any mistakes in my sentences,please point them out in the comments,thanks.
Guest   Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:15 am GMT
Too many problems with your writing.
You need a good teacher.
Evid_Y   Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:20 am GMT
I would appreciate if you point them out
K. T.   Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:46 am GMT
Hello!

I've been learnING English for a long time. I use Supermemo everyday to improve my VOCAbulary and I often read the news in English (or English news) on the internet, but I still have some writing problems. When I want to write something, I just cannot make a sentence describe what I want to say! This makeS me feel (really) frustrated. Should I remember some sentence structure? I just need some ADVICE (or pieces of ADVICE), please. If you find (delete "out")any mistakes in my sentences, please point them out in the comments. Thanks.

Comment: I'm never sure if some of the advice-seekers are "for real" here. I suggest looking at English sentences in more detail. I would include looking at punctuation and usage. You need to look up "advice" and "advise" to see how they are used.

I did this very, very quickly, so if anyone disagrees, or finds mistakes in my correction, please correct them. It's rumoured that I am not a native speaker...
Me   Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:12 pm GMT
advice - (uncountable Noun like "information")
to advise - verb

I have yet do see a foreigner get these straight.
Guest   Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:34 pm GMT
<<Hello!

I've been learnING English for a long time. I use Supermemo everyday to improve my VOCAbulary and I often read the news in English (or English news) on the internet, but I still have some writing problems. When I want to write something, I just cannot make a sentence describe what I want to say! This makeS me feel (really) frustrated. Should I remember some sentence structure? I just need some ADVICE (or pieces of ADVICE), please. If you find (delete "out")any mistakes in my sentences, please point them out in the comments. Thanks.

Comment: I'm never sure if some of the advice-seekers are "for real" here. I suggest looking at English sentences in more detail. I would include looking at punctuation and usage. You need to look up "advice" and "advise" to see how they are used.

I did this very, very quickly, so if anyone disagrees, or finds mistakes in my correction, please correct them. It's rumoured that I am not a native speaker...>>

Wow, K.T, I want you as my English teacher!! Kisses.
Guest   Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:10 pm GMT
>> Hi!everyone.

Put a blank after the exclamation mark. Note that the ! easily can be seen as the letter l. Note that, with the blank lacking, it isn't easy to discern the words.

>>I've been learned English for a long time, I use Supermemo everyday

Here, you have the blank after the comma!

<<improve my vacabulary.and I often read the English news on the Internet.But I still have some writing problems.when I want to write someting,I just can not make a sentence describe what I want to say!This make me feel really frustrated.should I remember some sentence structure?I just need some advises,please!
and,if you find out any mistakes in my sentences,please point them out in the comments,thanks.>>

Here, you've forgotten/skipped the blanks necessary all the time.

That might sound a little like nidpicking, but these kind of errors are made very frequently by pupils, although that's one of the easiest things to learn and understand. You need to have a blank after full stop, comma, colon, semicolon, exclamation mark and question mark. (You also put a blank after a word, don't you?) This helps you to reread your text before posting and it helps your readers to easily grasp the structure of your text. (Open any book, newspaper for observing that blanks!) Of course, you don't need a blank after the fullstop, exclamation mark and question mark if it is followed by by a closing parenthesis. (I once did that for a while, but it looked ugly and I didn'd saw it anywhere else.)

Don't read the news. Read good books on topics you like. Practice your writing skills on topics you like, maybe by writing a short story. Reread that text again and again, after some hours, some days, some month. You will find something to change each time. If something on your text annoys you, it'll be possibly wrong.
Another Guest   Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:28 pm GMT
Corrections are in capital letters:

"That might sound a little like NITpicking, but these kind of errors are made very frequently by pupils, although THIS IS one of the easiest things to learn and understand. You need to have a blank after full stop, comma, colon, semicolon, exclamation mark and question mark. (You also put a blank after a word, don't you?) This helps you to reread your text before posting and it helps your readers to easily grasp the structure of your text. (Open any book, newspaper for observing THOSE blanks!) Of course, you don't need a blank after the fullstop, exclamation mark and question mark if it is followed by by a closing parenthesis. (I once did that for a while, but it looked ugly and I DIDN'T SEE it anywhere else.)"

Note: the blank goes at the end of the sentence. If the sentence is ended by a parantheses, then the space goes after the parantheses. Also, a "nit" a louse egg. If one removes them, one is literally "nitpicking". Since they are extremely small, "nitpicking" has come to mean discussing small flaws.
Robin Michael   Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:36 am GMT
I am a native speaker of English. Writing in English does not come easily to a lot of people. English spelling is also very difficult. I have found that using a 'Spell Checker' and a 'Spell / Grammar Checker' a great help.

I would particularly reccommend, Microsoft Word.

Using 'anti-moon' there is no spell checker. However, you can always copy what you want to 'post' and then spell check it before 'sending it off'.

For instance, I am not very happy with the way that I have spelt 'reccommend' above, a word that I know that people have difficulty spelling: Is it double 'c' or double 'm'.

Lets see: It was difficult to see whether I was right or wrong because MS Word automatically corrected my mistake. However the answer was 'one c'.

recommend

I could go on about the spelling of English words. How about 'material', spelt 'materiel' with various accents in the book that I am reading about the Spanish Civil War?