How to learn English effectively.

Townsend   Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:31 pm GMT
Good but I would write:

How to learn English efficiently and painlessly so as to readily achieve a high level of proficiency.

Note that this is the sentence parallel/cousin of a green paper, as is this.

One can have quite an effect on a native speaker by knowing just a 100 words in their language. In addition, one may be able to learn effectively the first 100 words of language, but more is needed to progress further.
Townsend   Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 pm GMT
How to learn English efficiently and painlessly so as to readily progress to a high level of proficiency.
Caspian   Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:12 pm GMT
I wouldn't, you've split an infinitive.
Townsend   Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:37 am GMT
<< I wouldn't, you've split an infinitive. >>

You don't know, what you don't know.
???   Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:24 pm GMT
Split infinitives should not be regarded as incorrect English. They are only considered as such by people who believe English should follow the rules of Latin. In many instances, the sentence would sound decidedly odd, including the above, were the 'readily to be placed either before the 'to' or after the 'achieve'.
aixin   Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:01 am GMT
I have many problems learning English,espicely in speaking and writing.I usually can't remember the letters of a word.Now I may write some incorrect words in the message I send.I hope that someone can give me some suggestings.Here I give thinks to you advanced.
Anderson   Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:21 am GMT
I agree with ???.