Does Barack Obama speak pleasantly?

Shuimo   Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:29 am GMT
<<Sadly in our democratic systems even the most shallow and frivolous of people have the right to vote. >>
So true!
That also applies to what happens to Antimoon!
Claria   Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:09 am GMT
Shuimo
To be honest, I sincerely doubt if you are really a Chinese, if you are, there is no way you don't know about 相由心生
Chinese learn this from their childhood
Shuimo   Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 am GMT
<<Claria Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:09 am GMT
To be honest, I sincerely doubt if you are really a Chinese, if you are, there is no way you don't know about 相由心生
Chinese learn this from their childhood >>
I really find it a shame to have a vulgar surperficial shallow woman ranting rubbish on Antimoon by taking hostage of the Chinese people and the Chinese language!
mediator   Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 pm GMT
Come on, there's no need to resort to calling names because you disagree with someone's views.
Chinese go home   Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:01 pm GMT
Free Tibet
Vettel   Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:51 pm GMT
>>Chinese firmly believe that one's look is somewhat related to ones' heart and mind. A kind, caring person will look amiable. Chinese always apply such theory in their social life.
There is a widely circulated Chinese old Saying" 相由心生" which expresses such idea.<<

Somehow, I'm not astonished.
Reminds me of the following incident:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/12/oly.kids/
B.O.   Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:52 pm GMT
Free Hawaii!
CĂ©line Dion   Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 pm GMT
Freedom for Quebec and Tibet. Two opressed nations.
Ed   Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:02 pm GMT
"Somehow, I'm not astonished.
Reminds me of the following incident:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/12/oly.kids/"

Wow, that's just mean. But then again, it's not like the governments of Communist nations tend to be honest.
Shuimo   Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:08 pm GMT
<<mediator Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 pm GMT
Come on, there's no need to resort to calling names because you disagree with someone's views. >>

Let us just be frank and acknowledge the fact imbeciles abound eveywhere, yet they have the right to talk. Anyway, that does not change the fact imbeciles are abhored in a civilized world.
Shuimo   Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:09 pm GMT
Tibet is a whole different issue. Tibet is free indeed.
Jasper   Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:23 pm GMT
Claria, all I can say is this: a person who relies on looks alone to judge character sets himself up to be a victim of a con man.
Shiumo   Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:01 pm GMT
<<A person who relies on looks alone to judge character sets himself up to be a victim of a con man. >>
A Chinese phrase compellingly captures that point!
知人知面不知心
zhi-ren-zhi-mian-bu-zhi-xin
know person, know face, not know mind
My Literal translation: You have no clue to what is going on in a person' mind even when you know that person by his face and look.
LOL
Shuimo   Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:28 pm GMT
A pop Chinese star has been arrested for being mob leader in recent days, something that has a triggered a public outcry over the integrity of stars of the showbiz in China.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-11/06/content_10316275.htm
MjdTD   Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 pm GMT
"Let us just be frank and acknowledge the fact imbeciles abound eveywhere, yet they have the right to talk. Anyway, that does not change the fact imbeciles are abhored in a civilized world. "

Yes, and the ones who believe that only they have the right answer tend to be the most imbecilic of all.