Word that should be banned: Cum

Sigmondo Froido   Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:01 am GMT
History shows that if a word becomes common enough it loses it's strength and vulgarity. Hence rather than ban the word, we should just strip it of its force and offensiveness by using it as much as possible. Cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum cum.
Cum   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:42 am GMT
Sorry guys for my hypocrisy to call someone "idiot". I apologise, I won't do anything like that again.
Aidan McLaren, The "   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:45 am GMT
The countless times I've heard "ass" being used in childish ways makes me want to ban American slang.

Especially the people on here, acting like "dumbass douchebags" who think they're "badass".

(Cringes at the childishness).
Douche   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 am GMT
I suppose it would be more 'adult-like' to say 'dumbarse' or 'badarse', right? Or maybe 'bloody golly what'? Lol! I guess you like humiliation!

Feel happy that at least you speak the same language as the American Might so at least you don't have to worry about the disappearance of your language in its entirety, but instead only about the disappearance of your slang. Other societies are not so lucky!
Aidan McLaren   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:19 am GMT
You do know "dumbarse" and "badarse" is some silly attempt by the British to be Americans, don't you?

I actually hate all Human languages, especially English, but I by far hate that particular form of it.

I hate how all the people here fawn over America and American English. What the hell is so fantastic about America?

And you're all so patriotic to the point of being nauseating. Abusing me for expressing my dislike for it.

Yes, I hate the word "dumbass". WOOO! I just insulted your manhood!

That's what it seemed like...
Washi   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:24 am GMT
"I actually hate all Human languages, especially English, but I by far hate that particular form of it."

Yeah, the Martian and Lunar languages are so much better.
Aidan McLaren   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:27 am GMT
Language is an inefficient way to communicate if all words fail to express ideas to their fullest.

Words are unreal.

Are you going to keep on being smart? I've got all day folks.
Douche   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:35 am GMT
You're right, I also hate human languages. The only true and pure method of communication is Mathematics.
Aidan McLaren   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:39 am GMT
Maybe there is no pure and true method of communication...

Do you know how unreal the word "coward" is, for example?

Noone would do anything unless they knew or thought they could handle something. There is no such thing as a "coward"; only a man who has made up his mind.
Nadia   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:43 am GMT
"Noone would do anything unless they knew or thought they could handle something."

No one who is rational, perhaps. Unfortunately, very few humans are.
Lojban   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:46 am GMT
What do you think of lojban? It claims to be a logical language. Have you heard of it before?
Propaganda Bottle   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:52 am GMT
<<Noone would do anything unless they knew or thought they could handle something. There is no such thing as a "coward"; only a man who has made up his mind. >>

Not necessarily, for someone who doesn't do something which he thinks/knows he CAN handle can also be a coward! It's an astute observation I just made, isn't it? Really sly!

Anyway, it's beside the point, and I don't see how it adds to the discussion. i might do well to remind you, good Sir, that the original topic was about jizz not about the futility of language or about the heinousness of American English.

While we're on the topic of jizz, is it possible to say 'ejaculate' in the meaning of 'to exlaim' in modern English without provoking people to unceremonious reflexions of a sexual nature?
Aidan McLaren   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:54 am GMT
We are rational. I would say even too rational. We ask questions that a less intelligent creature wouldn't bother with, and we suffer as a consequence.

What you see mankind do, you interpret as "irrational".

Me? What I see, I interpret as "boredom".
Aidan McLaren   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:59 am GMT
Sure, it had nothing to do with the word "cum". I admit I am guilty as charged.

But you make no logical sense, Propaganda Bottle.

There is no such person who denies doing an action he thinks/knows he can handle.

If a person doesn't do something (let's say nothing is stopping them from doing it), it's because he feels that the said action will have repercussions.
Nadia   Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:14 am GMT
Do you honestly believe that humans are rational? If they all are, then why do some of them use slang that you disagree with? Only one side can be right in this case. If they are wrong to use the slang that you take objection to, then doesn't that make them irrational, invalidating your argument?