Pray for

Because   Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:35 am GMT
Poor LB running from Scylla falling prey to Charybdis, can't find her way.
Laura Braun   Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:06 pm GMT
You only waste your time, you cannot offend me with poor, because 'Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Mt 5.3), you even cannot find something like an original name is your because, never heard someone to call his self because.
Because   Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:34 pm GMT
I was not trying to offend, I was expressing my compassion.
Uriel   Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:13 pm GMT
Being an atheist (if not particularly a communist), Laura, I'm not likely to capitalize the word "god" or single out any particular god among the many that are currently in fashion. If you choose to do so, you may, by all means -- I have no reason to criticize your choices.

I had no idea Aretha had also done a version of this song -- very interesting (and probably a lot better -- sorry, Dionne, but she IS the Queen of Soul)!
Another Guest   Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:07 am GMT
The purpose of this message board is provide a forum for discussing the English language, not for proseletyzing. Implying that people are communists and giving them instruction in religious manners in that arrogant of a tone is not only inappropriate but rude.
Skippy   Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:24 am GMT
I like the Boss Hoss version better.
Laura Braun   Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:01 am GMT
Uriel: 'Being an atheist' - I feel sorry about you.
If it's for prayer. It's said I say a little prayer. You can never get the meaning of a prayer if you don't know how to pray. You can never being afraid to lose beloved one if you never loved.
So I stand on my words and rest the case.
Slobodan Milosevic   Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:35 am GMT
<<Uriel would you mind if I correct you, you should write God with capital letter. God is God , only comrades from communist party write God with small letter. They even made grammar rules in grammar. They write Communist party with capital letter and God with small letter. That was how it was. >>

I am a Communist and I do not believe in any god. I believe in the strength and fortitude of the proletariat. I believe that capitalism will unleash its unrelenting wrath upon the innocent children struggling to survive in a world wrought by inequalities. Hence, we Communists surge forth, and bring justice where hitherto no such justice was our could exist. We give the innocent children a chance to flourish in a society where they are not forsaken by the lust-soaked powers that be. As for religion, we Communists do not consider religion to be necessary, for religion is but a means of moulding peoples' wills, encroaching upon peoples' dignity, a means ever too often wielded under the iron grip of the dread-loving figures of darkness, looking to uphold the state of their tyranny, unrelenting, driving the innocent fawns into the depths of the hell unleashed upon the world by their never ending thirst for power and dominance. We Communists consider that god is nothing but a fabrication, an figment of a rage-ridden psyche, hell-bent on relentlessly reaping the fruit so painstaking delivered by those defenceless fawns, forged into pawns through the course of centuries and millennia of the grim, inexorable and unforgiving ire of those horrendous monstrous incarnations of pure and utter coldness and blood lusting behemoths.
Mirjana Milosevic   Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:37 pm GMT
Amen!
Laura Braun   Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:01 am GMT
Shame on you!