The Best of Antimoon Forum

Thurston   Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:07 am GMT
What do you think?
Artor   Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:38 am GMT
This thread for certain.
Üser   Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:30 pm GMT
I agree. This here is legend!
Laura Braun   Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:28 pm GMT
You should order the beer and Tom is going to finish the rest.
el cabalo blanco   Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:10 am GMT
Tom has become quite the alcoholic and cigarette smoker of late.
Laura Braun   Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:21 am GMT
Yes, but he resists the cigarettes , because I asked him to do it.
Caspian   Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:15 pm GMT
Well done Laura!
historian   Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:10 pm GMT
The greatest thread of all time (was it 1500 posts? -- or something like that?), was called "Vive Le Quebec Libre", but got shut down eventually. That thread was mostly in English, BTW.

At the time when this thread finally surpassed the prior record holder (called something like "What do you think of [the?] Dutch", IIRC), congratulatory posts were made, recognizing the historic significance of the occasion.

That was truly the golden era of the Antimoon forums.
The greatest thread of all time (was it 1500 posts? -- or something like that?), was called "Vive Le Quebec Libre", but got shut down eventually. That thread was mostly in English, BTW.

At the time when this thread finally surpassed the prior record holder (called something like "What do you think of [the?] Dutch", IIRC), congratulatory posts were made, recognizing the historic significance of the occasion.

K. T.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:52 pm GMT
Wasn't it one of these?

Which do you like best: Spanish or French?
Which should I study: Bulgarian or Swedish
Which is the prettiest language?
I can't decide (posting by Bulgarian/Swedish poster three months later):
Basque or Aymara?
What do you think of (star I'm in love with this month)'s accent?
Lazar   Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:09 pm GMT
Then there was that old classic, "Restarting thread: Andre from South Africa presents: 'The Afrikaner Language Thread'".
K. T.   Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:21 pm GMT
I thought Lazar was joking. He wasn't. Mine don't represent the actual names of threads, rather the kinds of threads we get on both sides of Antimoon (but I wouldn't be surprised if I nailed some of the actual thread names, lol)...

I looked at the Afrikaner thread. I enjoy the multilingual threads. I wish more people would reply in their native languages.
reminiscer   Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:37 am GMT
I also remember some great threads from Sander, back in the day.

In one of these he suggested that written Old Frisian ought to be somewhat intelligible E1Lers (it isn't). He posted a hymn in Old frisian, and someone posted a hilarious translation into English.

I suppose those days are gone forever. One thing we've got going for us now are the numerous usernames instead of "Guest".
K. T.   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:02 am GMT
Yes. The first words were likely the words of Cain after slaying Abel.