to mjd, jim and all old antimooners...

Laura Braun   Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:13 pm GMT
Guys, I would like if you can join to X-mas party which I organize in our old forum. Please come and join us.
Pay it forward.
Peace
Laura
sacripanti   Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:54 pm GMT
what's the old forum? where's it located?
General   Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:50 pm GMT
What about those that don't blancly celebrate X-mas?
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 pm GMT
Old antimooners? What is your age criterion then, Laura? I won't become an official UK pensioner (65 at the present time but set to rise over the next few years as longevity steadily increases) until 07 April 2047. If it becomes 70 in due course then I won't qualify for my state pension until 07 April 2052. So I doubt I qualify for your party, and I strongly suspect that mjd does either. I don't know about said Jim.

btw how sacrilegious of you to reduce Christ to an X!
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:26 pm GMT
For does read doesn't in the last but two line.
Guest   Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 pm GMT
I am the oldest antimooner
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:42 am GMT
Old antimooners means people who are since 2003 for example... :)
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:48 am GMT
We had a nice community but one by one people were dropped out. So I decided if I can make something like a party for all of us. I wrote everyone a message and I expect till the end of the year at least few people to come.
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:52 am GMT
It'll be a specal X-mas virtual party with no candy, no cakes, but with words.
WiseOne   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:05 am GMT
Man, I guess you don't have any friends in real life if you are sitting here yearning for long lost Antimooners. Oh my god! Jim! Oh , whither hast thou departed?

But such are the ways of the Internet. The Internet is like anything else in life - people move on - all good things must come to an end - out with the old, in with the new - nothing's forever - life goes on - there're plenty more fish in the sea - and so on and so forth...
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:16 am GMT
Gosh, that's not the last hope for celebrate my X-mas party. In fact I thought that it'll be nice to gain us together. In fact for X-mas I'm going somewhere else, but I thought yeah, definetly I thought it's a good idea. May be we should vote if I have to make a party for 'old' antimooners or to go to drink double whiskey on the rock. Both of them are not so healthy. Anyway. Wherever you are mjd, Jim, and bunch of people have a nice blessed X-mas. Let the light of Jesus shines upon you. God bless you all.
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:23 am GMT
Wise one: where did you get such sence of humour, I think that I'm going to fall down from my chair in the office.
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:49 am GMT
Laura - I am since 1982 and I doubt very much that Antimoon existed that way back then. Sorry - I am being so insufferably flippant! It must be the time of year.

Talking of which, did you know that the famiiar tune for the carol: "Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly" is an old folk tune from Wales?
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:07 am GMT
The tune for "Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly" is, as I say, an old Welsh tune dating back to the early 16th century and originally known as Nos Galan (prounced as Norse Gallan - there shoud be a circumflex ^ above th "o" in Nos, the Welsh word for night). It simply means a festive winter's night, associated with the Christmas/New Year period.

Anyway, here is a male voice choir from England letting rip with DTHWBH:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YtaQkKfECNE

Holly is usually in plentiful supply in the UK - most woodlands contain holly trees/bushes laden with red berries but the berries are in short supply this year because birds have eaten them, a sure sign of cold weather as birds normally shun them because they find the taste bitter, and only eat them as a last resort.

However, in the UK mistletoe berries are unusually profuse on the host trees this year, which can only be good news for your party, Laura.
Laura Braun   Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:19 am GMT
I wish if there are much more X-mas trees as in my church with gloves and scarfs and mittens for poor children and much more charity, but the most of all I wish peace on Earth and love and joy and all of it.
So from where to start. May be with X-mas carols. There is something magical in them. And especially 'Deck the Halls'. You know in Washington Dc there is a special program 97.1 Wash FM and it 24/7 X-mas carols. The spirit of X-as is somewhere there. But if you ask me I stand on Paul's words 'It's blessed to give, not to receive'. So wherever you are Do remeber that Jesus is Prince of Peace and God is love.
However Damian, it's a good sign that berries are so profuse that means that it'll be a good year.
At the place where I live they said it'll be -10 degree celsius for X-mas. That's not so good. It'll be freezing cold. By the time it's cold sometimes I think about homeless ....