Spanish is not so important as latin-americans praise!

NINJA(Japanese)   Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:38 am GMT
First of all, I would like to say, perhaps, my personal opinion is anyways rather extreme. But I don't think my idea is completely wrong, and I can make an apology sincerely to Spanish-speaking people for my crankiness.

In the next place, I'm still convinced of both German and French are quite indispensable to individual self-improvement. And the international position of Germany or France won't be shaky, and won't be replaced by Spain or Latin-America, either. It's not only because of simplex economic reason, but also it comes down to many actual factors.

For example, if you're a fashionist, and very fond of something such as cosmetic, garment, perfume, leather, wine, and art, the most remarkable pleasing countries are, in the nature of things, France and Italy.

If you're rather keen to purchase optical, mechanical, electronic or some technological products, it's really a good choice to get those made in Germany or Switzerland.

And in my mind, the only impression Spain gives me is "bullfight" as well as "flamengo", and terrible tomato festival, and nothing else.

OK, I won't go on talking about this vexed question any more... Over!
Brennus   Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am GMT
Correction, sorry: True but keep in mind that Alberto Fujimori became president of PERU only in 1990 - I originally wrote 'Japan'. Carlos brought this to my attention which is good -yes - however Carlos, I assume that you still knew what I meant !?

(Incidentally, right now Mr. Fujimori is living in exile in Japan).
Riko   Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:14 am GMT
Have you ever been to Spain Ninja, or Europe for that matter?

There are bullet trains in Spain just like the ones in your country, Japan. Barcelona and Madrid are very cosmopolitan cities, and in terms of fashion they can put both Milan and Paris to shame. Names like Zara are known around Europe and the world. People in Europe not necessarily for technical reasons but for the fact that they can communicate with a community of 400-800 million people, depending on whose counting. I think Europeans learn Spanish for this reason, the amount of people that speak the language, and also for others. You describe culture. Spain was a second Rome for ancient Rome. Hispania was a very important province and after Rome the most emperors of the Empire came from Spain.

By your thinking I could say that Japan is a stupid country because they have samurai that kill eachother and all the woman wear cute kimonos. It is an image that changed a long time ago.

100 years ago the Spain that you describe probably existed, but today it is a very modern country. (2006 AD) The GDP has passed one trillion dollars and it is one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

Spain only represents a small part of the entire Spanish speaking world, which includes several hundred million speakers in America. (the continent)

Your thinking is very flawed.
NINJA   Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:42 am GMT
2004 GDP (Trillions USD)

1, US: 11.6675
2, Japan: 4.6234
3, Germany: 2.7144
4, UK: 2.1409
5, France: 2.0026
6, Italy: 1.6723
7, China: 1.6493
8, Spain: 0.9914

And none of Latin America countries can keep up with Spain.
NINJA   Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:20 am GMT
Riko

How could you say that <in terms of fashion they can put both Milan and Paris to shame>? You didn't consider youself a little innocent at all?

In fact, speaking of fashion, both Paris and Milan are quite worthy of the name as people recognize, and the famous brands such as " Versace, Gucci, Zegna, Prada, Ferragamo, Armani, CD, YSL, Hermes, Givenchy, Atestoni, louisVuitton ", and so many other brands made in France or Italy. But as yet I've never heard of " Zara " or any else, for my ignorance. Nobody can say resolutely and toughly that Spain is the centre of fashion in Europe, and neither Madrid nor Barcelona has more advantages than Paris or Milan, and the fashion shows in both Paris and Milan are inveterately in the bottom of fashionists' heart, aren't they?

And I can't deny that Spain is now a modern country, but it doesn't mean Spain has already exceeded France or Italy in many ways.

Never have I been to Spain, but to Italy for a short holidays 2 years ago.

Welcome to reply again to disprove my thinking is all too wrong. Thanks!
greg   Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:43 am GMT
Riko : quelques petits rappels.

1/ L'AVE (Alta Velocidad Española) est dérivé du TGV français et Velaro de l'ICE allemand.

2/ En matière de mode, Paris va très bien. Merci ! Je ne savais pas que Paris, Milan et New-York étaient éclipsées par Madrid et Barcelone...

3/ Le chiffre d'affaires de Zara est de 4 ½ milliards de $, un peu plus que Gucci (Milan — 2 ½ mrd $), mais beaucoup moins que LVMH (Paris — 11 ½ mrd $).

4/ Il y a d'autres noms bien connus dans le monde entier : Armani, Gucci, Lacroix, Hermès, Dior, Chanel, Gaultier, Ungaro, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Kenzo, Lanvin, Vuitton, Issey Miyake, Yves Sain-Laurent etc.

Cela-dit, l'Espagne est un pays économiquement dynamique et c'est une très bonne chose pour la péninsule ibérique mais aussi pour l'Europe entière.
yo   Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:37 am GMT
Don´t waste time with Ninja. He/she is only a jappo.
Riko   Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:58 pm GMT
Greg

Ninja décrit Espana comme un pays du Tiers Monde. Le il n'a pas voyagé par l'Amérique ou l'Espagne et le il ne sait pas celui importance de la langue castillanne

Il est clair que tous les pays latins en Europe a contribué beaucoup au monde de la façon. Ce Japonais veut seulement insulter à la culture hispanique dans le monde.
greg   Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:52 pm GMT
Mais ces insultes sont ridicules. Tu n'as rien à prouver concernant l'Espagne : tout le monde sait que c'est un pays important dans bien des domaines, y compris la mode !

Pareil pour la culture hispanique et le monde hispanophone : seuls le imbéciles pensent qu'ils n'ont aucune importance !

Oublie ces provocations idiotes !
Ed   Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:29 pm GMT
Spain is the third most visited country in the world.
lu   Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:09 am GMT
700.000 brits live in Spain
Guest   Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:14 am GMT
Fucking brits
NINJA   Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:16 am GMT
Verbal abuse? Spare your blushes!
NINJA   Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:31 am GMT
Riko & greg

Firstly I'm so disappointed with your discourteous words.

Secondly I think you're both caitiffs, because you abused me in French. (but I know French)

Thirdly, if you want to get respect form others, you need to respect others primarily.

& yo

You're also disrespectful, aren't you?
greg   Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:41 am GMT
NINJA : ???