The Chinese language stole the show at Expo-langues of Paris

Shuimo   Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:39 pm GMT
第27届巴黎国际语言博览会中国语言惊艳全场
中新网 2009-01-21

1月14日,由法国大学生联盟举办的第27届国际语言展在凡尔赛门展览馆开幕,中国语言展区内的舞狮、民族舞蹈、中法文诗朗诵、法国女孩的京剧表演、华裔青少年的武术……为此次语言展带来了朝气蓬勃的气息。  1月14日,由法国大学生联盟举办的第27届国际语言展在凡尔赛门展览馆开幕,中国语言展区内的舞狮、民族舞蹈、中法文诗朗诵、法国女孩的京剧表演、华裔青少年的武术……为此次语言展带来了朝气蓬勃的气息。

当天下午,率团参加此次语言展的中国国家汉办副主任、孔子学院总部副总干事王永利与欧盟负责多语种推广的委员莱奥纳尔·奥邦(Léonard Orban)、中国驻法使馆公使衔参赞宋敬武、中国常驻联合国教科文组织副代表张双鼓为中国国家汉办语言展台剪彩。学中文的小学员为奥邦先生献上新型多功能中文学习机和象征牛年的玩具小红牛。

此次博览会中国展台分四大展区:孔子学院展区、教学资源展示区、镜象中国文化长廊以及现场互动活动区。展场以喜庆的红色、沉着的黑色搭配,凸显了中华文化的大气、恢宏,是展览区占地面积最大、内容最丰富的展台。

奥邦在参观了中国语言展区后表示,展区非常有特色,很吸引人。他说,现在欧盟国家越来越多的人喜欢学习汉语,这是非常有趣的现象,这说明中国文化的吸引力,也说明中国的发展引起了大家的关注。

王永利在接受记者采访时说,去年中国作为主宾国参加了巴黎国际语言展,取得了意想不到的成功,让更多的人深入了解了汉语,也让更多的人找到了学习汉语的途径和方法。今年非常推出了在法10家法国孔子学院及欧洲时报文化中央孔子课堂的展示,让大家更加了解孔子学院和孔子课堂的运作方式及教学效果。王永利表示,将把参加巴黎国际语言展办成一个常规项目,成为对外汉语的一个窗口。

据了解,展览期间,汉办还举办有4场与汉语学习相关的专题讲座,就汉语与就业、汉语与克服金融危机的关系、汉语与中国文化等主题与参观者进行交流,让参观者感受到中国文化的魅力和汉语将在世界经济中的作用。4名来自孔子学院的教师会在整个展览期间讲授4堂汉语公开课,各学院还将派出学员,表演茶艺、包饺子互动、剪纸、古筝、中华武术以及生动有趣的汉字书法、绘画表演等活动,向参观者展示汉语学习的魅力。

巴黎国际语言展被誉为全世界语言教学领域的盛会,开始于1950年。去年中国被作为主宾国,今年的主宾国是欧盟。展览会于1月17日结束。

http://www.hanban.edu.cn/content.php?id=4324

The 27th Paris International Exposition of Chinese Language and amazing the audience
By 2009-01-21

January 14, from France Students Union organized the 27th International Language exhibition opened at the Porte de Versailles exhibition hall, the Chinese Language Section within the lion dance, folk dances, poetry recitation in French, the French girls performing Peking Opera, Chinese young people Martial Arts for the language ... ... bring about a vibrant atmosphere. January 14, from France Students Union organized the 27th International Language exhibition opened at the Porte de Versailles exhibition hall, the Chinese Language Section within the lion dance, folk dances, poetry recitation in French, the French girls performing Peking Opera, Chinese young people Martial Arts for the language ... ... bring about a vibrant atmosphere.

In the afternoon, led a delegation to take part in the exhibition of Chinese language NOCFL deputy director, Confucius Institute Headquarters, Deputy Director-General Wang Yongli and the EU is responsible for the promotion of multi-lingual members of Leonardo奥邦(Léonard Orban), the Chinese Embassy in law Minister Counselor Embassy SONG Jing Wu, China's permanent deputy representative to the UNESCO Zhangshuanglou NOCFL drum for the Chinese language, cut the ribbon booth. Students learning Chinese as a small奥邦Mr. study presented a new type multi-function machines and a symbol of the Chinese Year of the Ox Red small toys.

The China Fair booth divided into four pavilions: Pavilion Confucius Institute, teaching resources, display areas, mirror promenade of Chinese culture and on-site interactive activities. Exhibition to celebrate the red, cool black with highlights of Chinese culture and the atmosphere, magnificent, are the largest exhibition area, the contents of the most abundant booth.

奥邦during a visit to the Chinese Language Section, said the area is very distinctive, very attractive. He said that EU countries are now more and more people enjoy studying Chinese, this is a very interesting phenomenon, indicating the attractiveness of the Chinese culture, also shows that China's development has aroused the concern of everyone.

Wang Yongli in an interview with reporters, said that China, as the guest of honor last year, the country take part in an international language in the Paris Exhibition, and achieved an unexpected success, make more people a deeper understanding of the Chinese, also found more people study Chinese ways and means. Launched this year in the law is 10 Confucius Institute in France and the European Central Confucius Classroom Times cultural display, let everyone know more about Confucius Classroom of Confucius Institute and the mode of operation and the effectiveness of teaching. Wang Yongli said that Paris will take part in an international language to be a conventional outreach projects, to become a window for Chinese as a foreign language.

It is understood that during the exhibition, also held Hanban has 4 games with the Chinese study-related talks and seminars, and employment on the Chinese, Chinese and overcoming financial crisis, Chinese and Chinese culture, such as the theme to communicate with visitors, visitors will have the feeling to the charm of Chinese culture and Chinese in the world economy. Four teachers from the Confucius Institute will be taught during the exhibition period in the entire four Chinese open classes, the College will also be sending students, performing tea, dumplings interactive, paper cutting, Guzheng, Chinese martial arts, as well as lively and interesting Chinese characters calligraphy, painting show activities to show visitors the charm of Chinese study.

Paris Fair as an international language all over the world the field of language teaching event began in 1950. Last year, China was the country as the guest of honor, this year's guest of honor are the EU countries. Exhibition at the end of January 17.
Shuimo   Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:55 pm GMT
Note-worthy:
He said that EU countries are now more and more people enjoy studying Chinese, this is a very interesting phenomenon, indicating the attractiveness of the Chinese culture, also shows that China's development has aroused the concern of everyone.
Chung_Li   Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm GMT
The Chinese influence is spreading fast. I can even conceive a Sinophone world ruled by the Party by 2050.
Ma Wing-Shing   Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:33 pm GMT
^I believe this goal will be executed by 2030.^
chingchong   Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:32 am GMT
Only if it can overcome the current economic crisis which has hit China too. That, and resume making economic gains and increase it political influence. But a lot of things can happend in the next decades, both good and bad, so we'll see.
Shuimo   Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 am GMT
Chung_Li Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm GMT
The Chinese influence is spreading fast. I can even conceive a Sinophone world ruled by the Party by 2050.
==================
That will be too good to be true!
Patrick Henry   Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm GMT
>I can even conceive a Sinophone world ruled by the Party by 2050.

If you people are really Chinese, your much respected "Party" should discipline you for openly making such statements. Such statements put persons who value freedom on alert. Some are willing to fight to the death rather than submit to your "Party". How would a full-scale nuclear war fit into your schedule of world domination?
Ma Wing-Shing   Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 pm GMT
We, the Chinese, do not see a full scale nuclear war fitting into YOUR schedule eiter.
Patrick Henry   Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 pm GMT
No, of course not. But then we have no schedule to rule the world. (And even if we did, we wouldn't put the world under the control of a single party -- we'd let dissidents and other parties express their views openly, and then let the people themselves decide which views they prefer).

Of course we wish to avoid a nuclear war, but this talk of China and its "Party" ruling the world is foolish and dangerous. If your people succeed in working harder -- and smarter -- and that makes you more prosperous than other countries, fine. That's fair, and you will have deserved what you have attained. (It's quite possible that the United States will gradually decline, and China will gradually rise.)

If you try to rule to the world, though, as your Party has treated its own people, you are asking for trouble.
Patrick Henry   Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:12 pm GMT
>If you try to rule to the world, though, as your Party has treated its own people, you are asking for trouble.

That should be 'rule the world' with no 'to'.
Ma Wing-Shing   Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:22 pm GMT
But you do have a schedule to rule the world and the world does not trust your democracy.
Who started this nuclear war conversation? You did! So much about peace loving Americans. Me no like, me nuke.
Pathetic.
Caspian   Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 pm GMT
<< That should be 'rule the world' with no 'to'.>>

No it shouldn't. "If you try to rule the world" is the correct version - I'm a native speaker.
USA   Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:04 pm GMT
<<But you do have a schedule to rule the world and the world does not trust your democracy.
Who started this nuclear war conversation? You did! So much about peace loving Americans. Me no like, me nuke.
Pathetic. >>

Of course there will be nuclear war if China tries to take over. Yes, it would be a shame to wipe out humanity, but I would rather die than submit. It's like the "scorched earth" policy... If you're going down, take as many of them down with you...
Patrick Henry   Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm GMT
Who started this conversation about ruling the world? It wasn't an American.
Patrick Henry   Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 pm GMT
Caspian, there is no 'to' in 'rule the world'. My correction had to do with what I'd written previously ('rule to the world') and not with the 'to' before 'rule', which I agree belongs there.