Please rate the following 'easy' languages...

china1   Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:13 pm GMT
why there is no russia,you guys dislike russia,do ya?
bambino   Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 pm GMT
i love russian...
linguist   Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:27 am GMT
1. Afrikaans
2. Swedish
3. Norwegian
4. English
5. Dutch
6. Spanish
7. French/Italian
8. Portuguese
9. German
10. Icelandic
Guest   Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 pm GMT
I don't understand why people keep on insisting that Spanish is among the easiest languages. I've never met a single non native speaker that does not mess up with genders of the Spanish words and conjugations, specially irregular verbs (the most used verbs in Spanish are irregular indeed). Also what about the simple Spanish sounds yet difficult to reproduce? How many of you can pronounce RR, LL or Z?
CommonAswhole   Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm GMT
Spanish is only easy to understand, and that's why people are deceived in believing it's a natural Esperanto of some kind.
Paul   Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:55 pm GMT
The 'spanish is easy' dogma has always been a mystery to me to.

Non native fluent speakers of spanish are pretty rare.
CommonAswhole   Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:28 pm GMT
When it's written language, it's just easy to understand. That's why. Obvious.
cases are easy   Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:39 pm GMT
Actually if you compare the formation of plurals, Spanish is a sort of Esperanto, it's the only romance language with no irregular plural. The ending in s and -es is even easier and more regular than English. Af for articles and the use of prepositions they are more regular than in other romance languages..Verb conjugation is another story anyway. I have to say that Brazilian Portuguese is more simplified than Spanish from a morphological point of view and even spoken FRench....
Guest   Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:30 pm GMT
Spanish is only easy to understand, and that's why people are deceived in believing it's a natural Esperanto of some kind.

This is specially absurd since there are languages that are more regular than Spanish like German or Turkish.
idioteces   Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:53 pm GMT
German more regular than Spanish?? Take a look at German plurals please
forero   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:30 pm GMT
Romance languages do have easy plural forms. a few irregularities in portuguese/french/italian do not make them difficult. Everybody will agree with me.
Spanish does have irregular plurals (jabalí-jabalíes, marroquí-marroquíes), but they aren't very often. The plural form in spanih/portuguese/sardinian comes from ablativ, Italian and Rumanian from nominativ and French from accusativ. they're not difficult.
I speak all romance languages (except Rumanian) and i'm from Barcelona.
Still, i think slavonic plurals are waaaay more difficult.
sss   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 pm GMT
Spanish does have irregular plurals (jabalí-jabalíes, marroquí-marroquíes

These are not irregular plurals but they're perfectly regular.....
forero   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:46 pm GMT
régimen-regímenes
carácter-caracteres...
sOs   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 pm GMT
régimen-regímenes
carácter-caracteres

tienes una lupa para buscarlas?? :-9
Paul   Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 pm GMT
<< I have to say that Brazilian Portuguese is more simplified than Spanish from a morphological point of view and even spoken French....>>

Why do you say that?

Its definately not simpler than french. One can say, objectively, that the french language doesn't even have half of the verb complexity of portuguese.