The bugging sentence in Blade Runner

Fred   Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:47 am GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ6Usvo-77o&feature=related

Hey, it's a great game but I haven't been able to understand this sentence. Can you all hear this for me? It's just one sentence.

At 3:20, what did he say?

"I've seen more dead animals and live ones in the last 24 hours. And now it was dogs. Three of them. I thought about Maggie and nearly threw up."

And now it was dogs??? Can NOW be used with WAS? It could be And none of them was dogs or No one was dogs. BTW, Maggie is the protagonist's dog.
T   Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:08 am GMT
"I'd seen more dead animals than live ones in the last 24 hours, and now it was dogs." You've got the rest right. Yes, 'now' can be used with the past tense in this way. It's especially common in fiction. E.g., I'd talked to him that very morning, and now he was dead. In such a context it refers to the 'now' of the moment in the past (the 'now' of the moment being described). (Note that it's "I'd seen" instead of your "I've seen" - he's narrating events that happened in the past).
Robin Michael   Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:21 am GMT
BTW

>>>ive finished this game over 3 times...damn i neva get sick o this game-heck i played it b4 i watched the movie n i enjoyed it mo!!<<<

Translation

I have finished this game over three times....Damn! I never get sick of this game - Heck! I played the game before I watched the movie and I enjoyed it (the game) more!!!!

I am a native speaker and I have to look up acronyms like BTW.

British Traditional Wicca, the original, initiatory form of Wicca

# By the way, (BTW) originating in internet slang

You are learning English in a very strange place. Have you read any great books recently or seen any good films?

My current favourite is Borat, but perhaps this is not the best choice.
.   Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:31 am GMT
Borat learning to play Cricket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfHVG3ioAs
T   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:10 pm GMT
'Btw' is extremely common; I've seen it used a lot both in business and recreational contexts here in the US
Wintereis   Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:47 am GMT
I have only ever seen BTW used on texts and the internet.
T   Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:19 am GMT
Right, that's what I meant - e-mails, message boards, etc, both fun and serious (that is, I've seen it used in internal business-related e-mails at the bank I work for)