Italian arrogance

DonQuixote   Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:30 pm GMT
I don't know if I'm the only one here who noticed this, but it's kind of annoying, if you know what I mean...

The problem is that certain Italians are too bigheaded and arrogant and I'm sick of it.

Ok, they like their language, according to them, it's the hardest among Romance languages, the most beautiful and so on... Typical for them. Nationalists... Like it, nobody forbids it.

But, they are not the smartest, that's for sure. I hate when somebody thinks he's the best at everything. Fine, you know Italian grammar, phonology etc., but you cannot get involved in all other languages!
And please, stop competing against Spanish, it's boring.... zzzzzz

Thank you a lot!

P.S. this is not a thread, try not to discuss.
blanche   Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:36 pm GMT
you're ridiculous. I know who you are!
matej   Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:39 pm GMT
Serbo-croatian is the most difficult, beautiful language ever... Italian is ugly and the easiest one that's for sure
German   Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:42 pm GMT
Italians arrogant? yes maybe. What about the Spaniards and the Frenchmen on this forum? The Brazilians? YOu can find arrogant people everywhere...
DonQuixote   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:08 pm GMT
I never said Croatian is the most difficult one. Sorry.
By the way, it either Croatian or Serbian.
I know who you are as well and the post I've written is quite related to you, dear...

The arrogance mentioned above is not that simple. I meant "linguistic arrogance". Of course you can call arrogant lots of people, German.
cnalbermarle   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 pm GMT
<<Italian is ugly and the easiest one that's for sure >>

Isn't Italian tougher than Spanish or French?
hahaha   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:15 pm GMT
here we go again...

ok, i rest my case.
xixi   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:08 pm GMT
By the way, it either Croatian or Serbian

You are right, there is a big difference between Serbian and Croatian. Croatian is the one which doesn’t distinguish ć and č anymore and besides it’s losing the tones 
PARISIEN   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:15 pm GMT
Tell me if I'm wrong:
"ć " is like Swedish "ki" or "kj",
and č is like Italian "ci" or Spanglish "ch", right?
blanche   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 pm GMT
Italian "ci" or Spanglish "ch

These two sounds ( the Italian and the Spanish one) are quite different anyway
matko   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 pm GMT
Č is nothing like Spanish ch!!! It's more like Italian "certo" or English CH in "much".

Ć is unique and it's not similar to Dutch tj or Swedish kj. It's like in Polish Ć. Ok, if it's easier for you, the way the Dutch people pronounce TJ, but less T sound in it. Spanish CH is closer to Ć sound, but they pronounce it more like Croatian C/German TZ with a bit of palatalization. Our Ć is at the back of the mouth and in Spanish in the front.

Same thing occurs with DŽ/Đ sounds. The pairs are DŽ-Č and Đ-Ć

@xixi: the difference is very big, especially in the vocabulary and in some grammar aspects, but sorry, I do not want to mess with an ignorant.
Guest   Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 pm GMT
El italiano es un idioma ridículo.
Ovinus Bovinus   Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 pm GMT
Italienisch ist eine lächerliche Sprache.