language with most consonants,

Seriously you have seriou   Thu May 07, 2009 11:41 pm GMT
I'm not a sissy who wants his ears to melt with soft beautiful melodies.

-----------------------------

Unfortunately for you those languages are the most beautiful and loved by everyone. If you have the taste of a docker it isn't our fault.
What fuckin has "gay" got to do with languages it's a mistery that only mentals like you can conceive and understand.
If you like uh-uh languages you can go to the zoo at the monkey cage, I am sure you will enjoy so much
Minskichen   Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 am GMT
Ucrainian is much softer than Russian, compared to Ucranian, Russian is harsh and ugly.
John   Sat May 09, 2009 3:46 pm GMT
true example of palatalization which is a process in Croatian where the consonants K,G,H before E/I and some suffixes change into Č/Ž/Š
Nom. "vrag"-->Voc. "vraže"
N. "orah"-->V. "oraše"
N. "junak"-->V. "junače"

Since you don't know Russian you probably don't know that there are lots of phenomena of palatalization in Russian as well: some exemples:
ja mogu
ty mozhesh

ja ljagu
ty ljazhesh
my ljazhem
oni ljagut

zharkij = zharche
mododoj - moloje
bysokij = vyshe= vycochajshij
nizkij = nizhe
xoroshij _lychshe
plokhoj -xhuzhe

Even an "easy" language like Italian as examples of palatalizations with nouns, adjectives and verbs

amico = amiCI
monaco = monaCi
asparago = asparaGI
psicologo = psicoloGI

io scelgo
tu scegli

io leggo
tu leggi

io traduco
tu traduci

io spingo
tu spinGi and many others
bloumer   Sat May 09, 2009 5:16 pm GMT
considering your language is English saying that another language is an "easy language" it's quite hilarious
matko   Sat May 09, 2009 9:23 pm GMT
horoshyj-->luchshe

hahaha. Is that your example of the Slavonic palatalization?!
Please, could you be so kind and show it to me?
Russian guest   Sun May 10, 2009 9:47 pm GMT
@ Russian guest: don't mix the palatalization with palatalized sounds.
den' [d(z)jenj] is not a palatalization. only D is softened.
--------------
d and n are both soft

true example of palatalization which is a process in Croatian where the consonants K,G,H before E/I and some suffixes change into Č/Ž/Š
Nom. "vrag"-->Voc. "vraže"
N. "orah"-->V. "oraše"
N. "junak"-->V. "junače"

in aorist:
rekoh-->reče
stigoh-->stiže
----------------------------

please, learn Russian language before posting these wrong statements. palatalization exists in Russian. I'm native speaker. actually it exists in all Slavic languages.

bog - bozhe бог боже
друг - друже drug druzhe

doroga - dorozhnyj- дорога - дорожный etc.
---------------------------------
imperative:
infinitive: peći-->peci!
leći-->lezi!
-------------------
yes. i see Russian here as well - печь pech' - пеки peki /лечь lech' -лежи, ляг lezhi lyag etc.
Bangla   Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 am GMT
The best language to study is Bengali. The Bengali Language has more than 40 consonants each with different sound. Sometime it is hard to write a foreign word in Bengali because there are more than one pronunciation of it.

Here is consonants.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/bengali.htm
matko   Mon May 11, 2009 10:13 am GMT
what about this:
"assibilation changes, assimilation, coarticulation, vowel harmony, apophony, three reflexions of "yat", no unstable "a" and "e"?
matko   Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 am GMT
btw. neither Croatian nor Russian are the languages with most consonants, so we should better stop here, because it's useless.
suggestion   Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am GMT
I suggest you Reptilian:
twrttqw jkjmxzxzhghh xkwqzcrqzxkkj kj wrtpmnn klpknjwqrxz
Guest   Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 pm GMT
What is the language with most vowels?
bangla   Tue May 12, 2009 5:14 am GMT
<<<< What is the language with most vowels? >>>>>

Bengali Language.

We have more than 12 vowels.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/bengali.htm
Sasha   Tue May 12, 2009 6:07 am GMT
We have more than 12 vowels.

French and most Germanic languages have more than 12 vowels
Manchurian Candidate   Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 am GMT
Not sure how many consonants it has, but Mongolian sounds very harsh and powerful, and yet mystical at the same time.
portuguese phonology   Tue May 12, 2009 7:13 pm GMT
"Portuguese has one of the richest vowel phonologies of all Romance languages, with seven (in Brazil) to nine (in Portugal) oral vowels, five nasal vowels, ten oral diphthongs, and five nasal diphthongs. The high vowels /e o/ and the low vowels /ɛ ɔ/ are four separate phonemes and the contrast between them is used for vowel alternation. European Portuguese has also two near central vowels, one of which tends to be elided like the e caduc of French."