Michael Jackson

Damian London E14   Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:23 am GMT
I was not a massive fan as he was a bit pre my time for the most part, but here is a sort of tribute to this supposed legend with a highly controversial life style to say the least....the Glastonbury Pop Festival is now in full swing but I won't be able to go down there but many people there are very sad at the minute.

Apparently he was due to give a series of concerts at the 02 Arena here in London in the very near future.

I travel to and from work on the tube much of the time courtesy of Oyster when actually working in London itself but have not yet seen anything quite like this ...yet.....on any of my journeys between Putney Bridge and Canary Wharf stations - the yellow handlebars in this clip indicate the Circle Line on which so many weird and wonderful things seem to happen anyway so maybe I should divert to that line sometime.

Thriller on the Circle Line of the London tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6EDAZ3crdY
Truth   Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 pm GMT
He was never going to produce any more good music so I don't really care. His usefulness to humanity had long expired, so no great loss there.
Kase Ng   Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 pm GMT
Yeah, the last twenty-or-so years were a nightmare.
This appears to be the overwhelming sentiment on CNN btw. Everybody is reminiscing about good old days; no crying, no sorrow.
Laura Braun   Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:30 pm GMT
Truth : how dare you say that . Micheal is someone, you are none. He will be forever in our hearts, because of his music and dancing. Rest in Peace, Micheal
Laura Braun   Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:45 pm GMT
How cruel can you be ... He left three orphans. Nobody even for a while don't think about his children and what kind of loss is that for them.
Guest   Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:38 pm GMT
<Micheal is someone, you are none<

Jesus would love to hear this Laura.
K. T.   Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm GMT
Technically, only one (Blanket) may be an orphan as his mother was a surrogate. The older children have a living, known mother.
Laura Braun   Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:45 pm GMT
Guest, in death everyone is equal. No matter how did he/she lived. Do not mention God's name in vain. But when I see someone who said 'no great loss then, no crying , no sorrow' I feel sorry that music cannot touch his heart. I was growing with Micheal's music, he was someone and tell me if you are someone. To disrespect someone's death is much more than awful. I will not write after you disrespect someone's death and to mention Jesus in that way. I will stay on the side of those who can cry, who can say I love you, Micheal, your music was something for me, I will stand strong on the side of people who can be real real people, not some Guest with no names.
Laura Braun   Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 pm GMT
what kind of insensitive idiot can write 'no great loss there'? Even if you don't know him how can you say something so insensitive? I bet you are from a place where peolpe are brainwashed and have only certain point of view and you know I feel sorry for you that you cannot give even a tear for someone. Bye.
Guest #2   Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:56 pm GMT
Alright then, Laura. You can find us on the other side, the side of rationality.

P.S.: Not everyone who disagrees with you is a bad person or not "real". Keep that in mind.
Laura Braun   Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:14 pm GMT
Guest #2 OK I agree it's real one : Its better to cry with real tears not to have crocodile tears.
Let us honor Micheal with that song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8muMo0fw_M . I have no idea but that's one of my favorite.
Have you heard about Fredi, when he died I felt as some part of me disappeared , it's the same way with Micheal do not ask me why. May be it's the way which we all have to grow up... I love music.
Laura Braun   Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:15 pm GMT
Guest   Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:39 pm GMT
<he was someone and tell me if you are someone.<

Jesus said: "What you have done one of my least brothers, you have done to me!"
Jesus doesn't care if Jacko was 'someone' as he doesn't care if I'm 'someone'!
And yes, I'm 'someone' and thankfully I'm not Jacko. I'm also not a mindless fan of whoever comes along. Thank god for that. (It's a phrase)
Laura Braun   Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:46 pm GMT
Guest you don't know Jesus indeed. Better to read your Bible you will get your answers there. I'm not a fan of Micheal, not to idols. Break the idols to little pieces, I will not worship idols. When someone's die you are supposed to mourn as Jesus had done when Lazarus died.
I leave my case. I won't return to that thread. Peace and grace
Guest   Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 pm GMT
Peace and grace to you too. God knows you need it. (it's a phrase)