English Is the Best Language in the World

casey   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 am GMT
<<Come on dude, Modern English grammar is a joke, there is no case system, gender, etc. and the old English of Shakespeare is DEAD!>>

Did Shakespeare's language have case (other than pronouns, and possibly the posessive/genitive) and gramatical gender?
HUGH MCTHOUGH   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 am GMT
<<Where the fuck is this tendency to capitalise words for no reason coming from?>>

SURE BEATS THE HECK OUT OF FULL CAPITALIZATION, THOUGH.
gregorvitch   Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:08 pm GMT
the most spoken language at the moment is chinese, sure this does't have anything to do with its spreading power it just emphasizes the fact that the country is huge. and it is likely that this country and its language will become a large part of the future.

as for those non-english speakers they are hardly globally inferior you sound like an idiot who believes that every stella swigging chav is some sort of entrepeneur.

oh and i doubt spannish will be one of the five best spoken languages, i'll give you hindi because india has such a good work ethic onyl outshined by thier intelligence, but as it was stated earlier english will remain at the top due to its adaptive nature and the diverse range of places in which it is spoken and chinese will defenitley be one of the if not the most spoken language
Aldo   Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 am GMT
english is a poor and primitive language.

example:

"my friend is english"

- Who the hell is your friend? male or female?

get a f.cking gender from Spanish if you dont have one.

it should be:

"my friend(o) is english" male

"my friend(a) is english" female
Aldo   Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:55 am GMT
you dont have to specify like a retard:

I have got 5 friends, 2 girl friends and 3 male friends, and the male taxi driver was talking to my tall female friend because a police woman across the road was...blah blah

you just say:

I have got 5 friends, 2 friend(as) and 3 friend(os) and the taxi driver(o) was talking to my tall friend(a) because a policer(a) across the road was...blah blah

english is primitive
Guest   Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:03 am GMT
English speakers don't feel that sex is important like you sexists do. By your line of thinking, maybe we should have suffixes that indicates skin color as well.

friendio: male white
friendia: female white
friendeo: male black
friendea: female black
friendito: male hispanic
friendita: female hispanic
friendino: male east asian
friendina: female east asian

Instead of saying "My black female friend was talking to the asian male taxi driver." we could just say "My friendea was talking to the taxi driverino."
Aldo   Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:34 am GMT
"English speakers don't feel that sex is important like you sexists do"

INCORRECT

IN LAW and SCIENCE you have to be very gender specific.

example "the serial criminal killed my suspect"
(uselles language because you dont know the gender of the criminal or the suspect)

you have to specify "the FEMALE serial criminal killed my MALE suspect"
very retarded...indeed

95% of indo-european languages have a gender, exept the mutilated english.
Guest   Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:35 am GMT
95% of Indo-european languages are sexist and primitive then. That's why English is best and they are not.
blanc   Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:06 am GMT
English is just a mixture of European languages you retard. The Angles were germanic tribes.

english is

17% Germanic
30% Norman French
30% Latin
6% Greek
% ETC

and English used to have a gender as well, it just got lost in time!
That is the problem with English, many things got lost in time...
gregorvitch   Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 pm GMT
yes you are absolutely right aldo, we use gender specifics all the time us english because we are all eithier SCIENTISTS or PART OF THE LEGAL SYSTEM. What sexist country do you hail from where its crucial information to now the sex of a perpetrator ? in backward old england we rely on more detailed descriptions or is there only one female and one male criminal in your whole country.

And we can all see that your grasp on english isnt all knowing one can usually tell the sex of the criminal because they'll be sitting in the same room.

RETARD
Woozle   Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 am GMT
I think we should also have obligatory marking for age. Amigo and amiga are hopelessly primitive words because they tell us nothing about the age of those friends.

I propose:

frenduchio = young, white, male friend
frendumia = middle aged, white, female friend
frendoleo = old, black, male friend
frendumito = middle aged, Hispanic, male friend

you get the idea.

Also, we should seriously consider obligatory marking for the height of our friends, religion (goes without saying) and their basic dietary preferences (many a time I've stumbled upon a vegetarian friend of a friend to my dismay: I consider such information an absolute necessity).
idiot   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:07 am GMT
I think the degree to which they are a friend needs to be specified also:

frenduchio = young, white, male friend

frenduchitoro = young, white, male friend (BEST friend)
frenduchituro = young, white, male friend (CLOSE friend)
frenduchiton = young, white, male friend (OLD friend, still on good terms)
frenduchitonor = young, white, male friend (OLD friend, lost contact or no longer on good terms)
frenduchitojo = young, white, male friend (an friend who you think is your friend, but is really your enemy)
frenduchitojas = young, white, male friend (a friend who thinks you are his friend, but you are really his enemy)
frenduchitolam = young, white, male friend (a newly made friend, expresses uncertainty as to whether you are really friends yet, or still just acquaintances)
frenduchitolare = young, white, male friend (a newly made friend)
frenduchitolaros = young, white, male friend (a newly made good friend)
frenduchiturilo = young, white, male friend (who you are only friends with because you want something out of them)
Woozle   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:18 am GMT
Ok, before this gets out of hand, let's make it simple and require that anyone who pronounces the word "friend" in public has to submit, immediately upon such utterance, the aforementioned friend's full curriculum vitae, three full-height photographs, and a minimum of 3000 words of personal anecdotes (printed, single spaced, Times New Roman) about this friend for public inspection.

Then Spanish can suck it.
Oh please,   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm GMT
What's so special about being gender-specific? I personally think having to conjugate words just to specify the gender is silly. Okay, friends?- I can understand, because you can have both male and female friends. But cars, buildings and food? No. You can simply say 'male' or 'female' if things need to be gender-specific.

And don't get me wrong- I like all kinds of language. I just think there isn't a language is the "best" language. Every language has its pros and cons. Learn to appreciate, people!

And.. as far as I know, Korean's supposed to be the most phonetic and "scientific" (as they describe it) language y'all... LOL!
fraz   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:56 pm GMT
<<There will be a new order with the big five: English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi and Chinese>>

Don't overlook Russian. They have massive energy reserves and will be a hugely important nation in the next century.