The Best of Antimoon Forum in 2005

Tom   Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:54 pm GMT
Hi,

I have finally finished sifting through the 2002-2005 forum archives. You can view my selection of the best threads of 2005 here:

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/2005/

The "best of" pages for previous years are essentially unchanged; I deleted a small percentage of the least valuable threads.

The project took me an insane amount of time -- I had to look at about 5,000 threads, most of which were about topics I don't care about. I could have easily written several long articles in that time, so I don't think there will be any more annual best-of's.

It sucks that this forum has no system for highlighting the best stuff from previous years, as there are some real gems there. The best way to find interesting post-2005 discussions would be the Site Search box (powered by Google) in the upper-right corner of every page.

I know not a lot of you use the site search, but it's actually pretty good. It even shows you the date of the last post and the number of posts in a topic right there in the search results. Check it out:

http://www.antimoon.com/search/?cx=011209202371939555734%3A2vlrr8yryu4&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=subjunctive+forum&sa=Search#1018
Damian London SW15   Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:30 pm GMT
Tom:

Very many thanks for all your laborious, time consuming hard work in all of this - it is very much appreciated.

I find this Forum a form of refuge from the stresses and strains of the daily grind......I find Antimoon quite addictive for that reason, as I do love the English Language.

The other internet forums to which I contribute are mainly those devoted to journalism, British current affairs and social history, and of course, those concerning issues involving Scotland particularly, which she not come as a surprise to anyone in here.

Cheers!
guest   Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:33 pm GMT
Why don't you grant moderating powers to a frequent visitor or two, so they can help taking care of this site?
user   Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 pm GMT
"I had to look at about 5,000 threads, most of which were about topics I don't care about."

Is this why you post so rarely these days?
Tom   Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:10 pm GMT
1. Damian, it's always a pleasure to read your posts, off-topic as they might be. :)

2. I'm always on the lookout for new moderators, but I've found that people are not exactly dying to moderate this forum -- at least the quality people I'm looking for.

3. Yeah, basically.
Damian London SW15   Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 pm GMT
Thanks, Tom - that's good to know, and believe me I know only too well how I much I go wildly off-topic in here....it's virtually impossible for me to resist this chronic urge, and I'm amazed you haven't pulled me up about it, you know. That might do the trick, who knows.