It's a Lovely Day Tomorrow

Edward Teach   Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:27 am GMT
LOL! The Mirror!
You believe whats written in that thing?

A similar story happened in Wakefield West yorkshire but was caught on video camera.

Apparently the cops reason for punching the suspect in the face was that the suspect 'stopped blinking'.
bigshaund   Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:22 am GMT
Caspian,

Unfortunately there isnt a page that will "back up" my story.

But then again, why would there be? All the media spotlight is on one man and his so called terrifying ordeal at the hands of the british justice system!

I will ask you to read my post again and think to yourself, how do I know all this? Am I making it up?? No. I was there. I witnessed it along with numerous other people.

Believe me or dont, its not a problem to me. But what is a problem is the one sided story being fed to the public through lies and the media.

The man who supposedly attacked Bunting was no angel dont get me wrong but he wasnt a violent criminal either!

The quote "the man had a record for petty offences" didnt relate to drugs, car theft, burglary or anything else you would imagine.
He simply enjoyed a beer in the local boozer and had got into the odd scrape with another person and ended up being done for drunken disorderly!

It really is true what they say. Dont belive everything you read in the papers. Dont believe everything you see on the news.
Guest 2 Caspian   Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 pm GMT
<I did a quick search on the Internet. This page seems to suggest that Damian's story is true>

The Mirror page doesn't "back up" Damian's story: it just derives from the same source (Bunting's book and interviews).

<Now I want you to find a page to back up your story.>

To imply that Bigshaund's story would be more credible if he found another webpage to back it up is at best ingenuous: if you were discussing this on another forum, for instance, his post here would meet your criteria.

But in any case, doesn't the conviction itself support Bigshaund's account, rather than Damian's? Until the appeal succeeds, of course.
Jasper   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:07 am GMT
DAMIAN:

"Still, I suppose it avoids confrontation which may well be a good thing, even though it leaves you not really knowing where you stand with anyone!

Europeans generally are not too keen on that"

Damian, I don't know exactly where we get that tradition, but it's certainly not one of the ones we got from the Germans.

It would probably surprise you to learn that it's based on a sense of compassion, possibly misguided. I can't tell you how many times my own mother would say,"Don't say/do that; it'll hurt his/her feelings." It was all a part of that process when our parents would say,"Now say please/thank you", and slap your hand if you didn't.

On an unrelated note, it disappoints me to some extent to hear that older citizens of the UK wouldn't want to talk about the War. It must have been the worst of times, but also the best of times—a time when they all pulled together, worked to the highest extent of their abilities, ate War Rations and got healthier than they ever were, before or since...a most vibrant, exciting time.

I've daydreamed from time to time of interviewing these citizens just to hear their stories.