Is Arabic difficult to learn?

European   Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:35 pm GMT
Another example.

When my grandfather times, it was told that the Bible, all of the books of the Bible were the word of Lord. So, it was 100% the HOLY Bible. The rule was easy. ALL is true.

Nowadays, the moderate religious say that not all the Bible is true. There are a lot of messages, parables, ideas and we don't think in the Bible word by word.

These moderate religious made an incredible error, because if you make some little changes, people can think that the Bible is NOT Holy, but invented by people. Which percentage of the Bible is Holy 20-40-60%? or perhaps nothing?
Guest   Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:46 pm GMT
The bible is not true at all.
Eek-a-Mouse   Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:24 pm GMT
Burn the Bible!
Controversial K. T.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:46 pm GMT
Personally, I don't understand people who pick and choose out of the Bible. When I write "Bible" here, I mean the old and the new Testaments, not just the Jewish scriptures.

I think many people are confused about what's in the Bible. There is stuff in there that is related to crime and punishment. It's in the OT, mostly. There isn't anything in the NT that directs people to continue the punishments for the sins of the OT. In fact, Christ stopped the men stoning the woman "taken" in adultery. (Where was the man who was with her, btw?) The main message I get is this: If you are doing things that are wrong, stop doing them. That's why you see cartoons with the word "Repent!" on them.

After that, Christianity offers the idea of Christ as the replacement for the punishments of the law and the big prize-eternal life.

I was reading about Islam and I get the idea that God in Islam is seen as the Lord of Vengence in contrast to the God of Christianity-the Lord of Mercy. ( If you are Jewish and want to join in with your idea of G-d, feel free. If you want to write in Hebrew or Ladino, go ahead. I don't know if I'd be able to figure out Yiddish from German or not. I should probably try. It would be a good challenge.)

Back to some perceptions of Islam:

After death, I understand that there is a balancing idea concerning the acts of this life. The just men get several virgins and the just women get
something else.

That's my take. If you are Muslim, and think I'm wrong about my perception, you can write back. I'd prefer it in English, but I suppose I could look at a translator if I needed it. I'm more interested in hearing what Muslim women think because we don't hear from them much.

I think I have been reasonably polite to most of the Muslim posters over the years here, but I can't agree with them about all the points on religion, human rights, etc.

As for Arabic, the persistant topic, and Shuimo:

Are you just suggesting that we should all learn Chinese since you (if you actually wrote that) think that Arabic writing looks so weird to you?

Why don't you learn Polish? If your theory about dialects is correct, it should be a piece of cake for you.