You want to come to China to study Chinese?

ymstudy   Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:17 am GMT
You are interested in Chinese culture? You want to come to China to study Chinese? Welcome to Yuming Education Center. We will provide you with the best suitable Chinese Courses and other special and interesting trainings such as Peking Opera, calligraphy, material arts (Tai Chi), Chinese Cooking and visits of the scenic tourism. We offer short and long term training to foreigners of different levels of language. We regularly organize summer and winter camps for students of different age, arrange activities of culture exchange for social organization and so on. We will help you to master Chinese in the shortest possible period of time. If you want to know more information about the courses, Chinese culture and our center, please come to our new website (studychineseintianjin.com) and you can consult to us via e-mail (yumingstudy.yahoo.com; yumingstudy.hotmail.com).
NO NAO NET, NEIN   Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:24 am GMT
No, I don't. I do not like China at all, besides Chinese guys are not good-looking and I have already seen the Chinese wall several times on TV
Pede   Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:28 am GMT
I agree. There's nothing that I want from China or that China could give me.
Ma Nimen Zhu   Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:52 am GMT
Hahaha......

You don't sell Dim Sum or Peking duck to pigs!

What do Pigs Eat?

Pigs are omnivores, which means that they eat plants and animals. Pigs eat almost any kind of food*, including dead insects, worms, trees, bark, garbage and even dead pigs. In the wild, they forage for their food. They mainly eat leaves, grass, roots, fruits and flowers. So now you know what pigs eat!

*except dim sums and Peking Duck
Little Tadpole   Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:02 pm GMT
China could have been a country of diversity, of varieties. It used to have a huge cultural variety. See some films like these ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS8Ojljcy7A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKjunLygFE

Inside China, there used to be very colorful people and cultures just like those ones in these films. Today, you still have Uyghurs and Tibetans, but instead of viewing them as assets, the Chinese view them as liabilities that need to be "controlled". (I kid you not, this is the word I saw in a slide presentation. When the Han Chinese talk among themselves, they have zero cultural sensitivity, zero reservation, and you get to see their true nature.)

However, China in its desire for the so-called "unification", has destroyed its diversity, and in the process made everyone the same. You've seen them one, you've seen them all. All the Chinese little girls I know all take piano lessons. They all grow up doing exactly the same activities. In other words: boring, no creativity, no individuality, just like ants.

One day China will wake up and realize that after so much struggling for "unification", they are becoming more and more isolated. Their top intellectual elite will keep flowing to the West.

Look at the mottos for US and EU: "E pluribus unum" and "Unity in Diversity". I am afraid that China already missed its chance. In the future you will see a West (including India and Australia, and possibly Russia) with people of all colors and languages roam freely around, and a stagnant East Asian block where everybody look alike: no varieties, boring. And the smartest Chinese people will keep flowing to the West. Then and only then, will the Chinese wake and up realize they've been wrong. But that'll be already too late.
Shuimo   Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:29 pm GMT
Little Tadpole Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:02 pm GMT
China could have been a country of diversity, of varieties. It used to have a huge cultural variety. See some films like these ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS8Ojljcy7A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKjunLygFE

Inside China, there used to be very colorful people and cultures just like those ones in these films. Today, you still have Uyghurs and Tibetans, but instead of viewing them as assets, the Chinese view them as liabilities that need to be "controlled". (I kid you not, this is the word I saw in a slide presentation. When the Han Chinese talk among themselves, they have zero cultural sensitivity, zero reservation, and you get to see their true nature.)

However, China in its desire for the so-called "unification", has destroyed its diversity, and in the process made everyone the same. You've seen them one, you've seen them all. All the Chinese little girls I know all take piano lessons. They all grow up doing exactly the same activities. In other words: boring, no creativity, no individuality, just like ants.

One day China will wake up and realize that after so much struggling for "unification", they are becoming more and more isolated. Their top intellectual elite will keep flowing to the West.

Look at the mottos for US and EU: "E pluribus unum" and "Unity in Diversity". I am afraid that China already missed its chance. In the future you will see a West (including India and Australia, and possibly Russia) with people of all colors and languages roam freely around, and a stagnant East Asian block where everybody look alike: no varieties, boring. And the smartest Chinese people will keep flowing to the West. Then and only then, will the Chinese wake and up realize they've been wrong. But that'll be already too late.
================

You know absolutely nothing about the Chinese culture!

What does the Master Confucius mean when he says "harmony in diversity"??

You mentioned EU as a case of Unity in Diversity, I just cannot help laughing when I visited this EU forum:

http://forums.ec.europa.eu/debateeurope/viewforum.php?f=9&language=english
Big Frog   Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:06 pm GMT
Have mercy on him. Little Tadpole is constantly haunted by irrational hatred and deeply ingrained inferiority complex.
Little Tadpole   Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:24 pm GMT
Shuimo: "You mentioned EU as a case of Unity in Diversity, I just cannot help laughing when I visited this EU forum"

Keep laughing.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1934489,00.html

27 countries came to ratify the Lisbon Treaty. That's 27 different countries, 27 different cultures. Yet all 27 of them came to agree on one vision. There were difficulties, differences, disagreements. Yet people from 27 countries came united, at the end.

Keep laughing with your Asian Values Master Confucius, and be molded into just another character-less slave, while your smarter Chinese intellectual friends keep voting with their feet.
Big Frog   Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 am GMT
Snap out of you inferiority complex. It's time your grew up to become a frog.
Big Frog   Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:42 am GMT
Little Tadpole, snap out of you inferiority complex. It's time your grew up to become a frog.