Should German become the sole official language of the EU?

Pinochet   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:27 am GMT
How if the Euroburocrats want Europe to become something like the USA they allow the proliferation of many official languages? Even Maltese is an official tongue , which provokes astronomic amounts of money to be wasted in translating documents . Sure there are things that are more important than translationg from or to Maltese in Europe. If you think about it, the English language is the glue of the American nation. If there were many official languages in USA the sense of unity would be diluted. For this very same reason Europe will never be anything remotely similar to USA but a conglomerate of nations that push for their individual interests and don't care the rest. For example when Spain's posession in Northern Africa was invaded by Morocco in 2003 she didn't receive any support from France or other Euro countries, on the contrary and paradoxically it was USa which helped Spain (Spain in return supported the war of Irak and sent some troops ). Europe , in my opinion, is still a divided continent and rivalry is too strong. Do you think that a single official language would help to aliviate this?. I think absolutely yeas , furthermore I vote for German as the official language of the European nation because it's the most spoken one.
Hate Crime   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:46 am GMT
NO. NOW FUCK OFF DICKSMOKER.
el vengador   Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 am GMT
CREO QUE SERIA MEJOR QUE LA LENGUA OFICIAL DE LA UNION EUROPEA FUERA EL ESPAÑOL PORQUE ASI LOS FRANCECITOS DE MIERDA MORIRIAN DE ENVIDIA, QUE NOS AHORRARIA EL TRABAJO DE MATARLOS EN LA GUERRA QUE SE ATISBA EN EL HORIZONTE.
noneuian   Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:28 am GMT
<<furthermore I vote for German as the official language of the European nation because it's the most spoken one. >>

I wonder how this will go over in France, Italy, or Spain?
Helmut   Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:42 am GMT
Hitler can be considered to be the founder of a pre-European Union. It would be only honest to allow German its righfull place.
Tionghoa   Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 am GMT
German “itself” certainly has nothing to do with Nazi or Hitler, apart from English, German even has more prestige than other European languages.
memphis pemphigus   Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:35 am GMT
<<How if the Euroburocrats want Europe to become something like the USA >>

Does Europe really want to become like the USA?
reality   Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:40 am GMT
Spain in Europe is nothing, even Poland is more influent than Spain
Harman   Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 am GMT
How if the Euroburocrats want Europe to become something like the USA they allow the proliferation of many official languages?

Because of so many language the need for a single franca one will be more necesary so English will be the only EU oficial language (De facto). A good play.

Also EU wants more little countries so EU will get more power.
Ouest   Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:57 am GMT
<<furthermore I vote for German as the official language of the European nation because it's the most spoken one. >>

Since many German speakers can understand and speak English, English is the most spoken language in the EU. English is the most suitable language because it is a systesis of Germanic and Latin elements, like the EU itself.
Baldewin   Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:59 am GMT
Add to this the US and the EU and the US combined have a lot of brainpower. Personally I'm not a fan of Anglo-Saxonia.
Baldewin   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 am GMT
Walloon must become the language of the EU. An syntesis of Germanic and Latin elements.
Ouest   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:09 am GMT
<Walloon must become the language of the EU. An syntesis of Germanic and Latin elements. >

That´s true...
Guest   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:55 am GMT
Yes , English could perfectly be the language of Europe but English is already the official tongue in USA. Europe as I envision it, must be an alternative superpower to USA that has something different to offer to the world, linguistically too. So a different official language for Europe than English should be used.
Guest 1   Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:36 am GMT
German should indeed become the sole official language of the EU, but it should be written in Glagolitic alphabet and pronounced like Italian.