Who votes antimoon makes it so you have to register to post?

Dalai Lama   Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:44 pm GMT
Swastikas are good. Swastika represents life.
Robin Michael   Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:15 pm GMT
Kitsch is an important concept in Sabina's life. Kitsch defines how she lives her life. One day in the School of Social Realism she accidentally split some red paint on a painting that she had put a lot of time and effort into. She had discovered her niche. Her paintings sold and sold and she became financially independent and settled in America. Her life was unbearable.

Tomas followed Teresa back to Czechoslovakia. The border closed behind him, he lost his job and became a window cleaner. It was like a holiday for him but hell for Teresa. They decided to move to the countryside. Where they lived happily ever after.

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being"
Antimooner K. T.   Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 am GMT
Is the topic roast chicken? It is also inexpensive in the US, if you buy it at the time when they are preparing a new batch. It's ridiculously cheap, like $2.00 or something...But who can go to the store at 4pm?
Pardon, me, but I must leave work to purchase a roast chicken.

I don't know why, but I find these Tesco tales funny, like vignettes in an indie movie or something. I think grocery shopping is outright dull in the states, but when I'm overseas, I like to check out their grocery stores.
Uriel   Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:53 am GMT
I don't see why registration would discourage anyone from posting here, especially since everyone's so used to the idea. I would be happy to register here, just as I have elsewhere. Doesn't hurt my feelings any.
Pedro   Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:24 am GMT
+1 for registration to avoid trolls
Uriel   Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:35 am GMT
<<Tomas followed Teresa back to Czechoslovakia. The border closed behind him, he lost his job and became a window cleaner. It was like a holiday for him but hell for Teresa. They decided to move to the countryside. Where they lived happily ever after.

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" >>

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" was hell for me, too. Two hours (it felt like more) of my life that I will never get back. It's possibly the only movie where I snickered every time the male protagonist looked dramatically into a woman's eyes and said, "Take off your clothes." Not sure that was the effect the director was probably going for....
Robin Michael   Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:29 am GMT
Unfortunately you did not appreciate the 'Unbearable Lightness of Being'. It is interesting to hear over people's reactions. I wrote a little bit about Sabina, one of the lead characters in the novel. I also posted a little clip from the film. Surely you like the clip? Sexy - like only Europeans can be!

I meant to post 'Kitsch' as a Topic but I had run out of my 24 hour allowance.

Kitsch

Kitsch is an important concept in Sabina's life. Kitsch defines how she lives her life. One day in the School of Social Realism she accidentally split some red paint on a painting that she had put a lot of time and effort into. She had discovered her niche. Her paintings sold and sold and she became financially independent and settled in America. Her life was unbearable.

Tomas followed Teresa back to Czechoslovakia. The border closed behind him, he lost his job and became a window cleaner. It was like a holiday for him but hell for Teresa. They decided to move to the countryside. Where they lived happily ever after.

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being"

See also: YouTube 'Tomas and Teresa'

Sorry: Tomáš & Tereza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2-T5DrTWoU

Well worth having a look at.
Guest   Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 am GMT
Hail Eris!
Your Mama   Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:32 am GMT
Best solution:

1) No moderation or registration anywhere

2) Creating three forums: Languages, English, and Crazy Practice. Crazy Practice will be an area where everyone can post to practice their English and trolling, insulting, flaming, swearing in every kind of topic will be allowed.

3) All members must follow two rules: acting crazy is only allowed in the Crazy Practice forum, and flooding is never allowed anywhere.

4) Changing the anti-spam question to "Who's Shuimo?", and the answer will be "A yellow-faced cunt".
Edward Teach   Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:19 am GMT
This sounds good to me.

The creation of a second, discuss anything forum will probably appeal to everyone.

Then people with serious questions about grammar and such-like can go undisturbed.

I truly enjoy the discussions in this forum simply because we are not mired in lefty crap.
Achab   Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:28 am GMT
The trolls have trollified this message board completely, huh? Should we start to pray for them calling it a day?

The only way to protect this venue from such a stupid kind of hijacking is the introduction of registration in order to have people willing to post in here sign in before they can do it.

As for those that say they don't see why people would leave the forum of Antimoon if registration should be implemented, well, I think there are a lot people that have already said goodbye to this place for the very lack of registration.

With every good wish,

Achab
Guest   Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:38 am GMT
Ok, I change my vote. These trolls are getting on my nervers, keeping them out outweights not having to register. If the maximum size of the posts were smaller (so that we didn't have to scroll that much) I'd keep my vote, but as things are I now vote for registration.
Caspian   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:50 pm GMT
But is anything acually going to be done? I haven't seen Tom or any of the moderators post on this forum for quite some time.
Josip Broz Tito*   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:58 pm GMT
This is self-managing forum. Live with it.
Guest 2   Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:29 pm GMT
You don't have to scroll the troll. Just hit CTRL + END and you go right past.