nicest language in the world

Damian in Scotland   Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:12 pm GMT
Take yourself to the lovely Western Isles of Scotland...the isles of Lewis, Harris, Skye - to name the three largest of these....and listen to the softly musical lilt of the local Gaelic speakers.....you will think you have landed in heaven!
Steak 'n' chips   Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:34 pm GMT
I just love the sounds of Portuguese, myself. I don't speak it, but I'll learn it one day.

I also really liked my Spanish teacher's accent, with strage aspirated s's and dropped endings. She was from Uruguay and apparently the accent there is influenced by Italian immigrants.

Gaelic spoken in the Scottish Western Isles is indeed a pleasure to hear, despite being totally baffling.

I always enjoy hearing French as well. A French assistant used to read French children's stories to my son in nursery, and he would be almost hypnotised by the sounds, totally relaxed. He can't sit still for a story in English.
Jasper   Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 pm GMT
"I also really liked my Spanish teacher's accent, with strage aspirated s's and dropped endings. She was from Uruguay and apparently the accent there is influenced by Italian immigrants. "

I agree.

I have never found Spanish as a particularly pleasant language to hear, it being too explosive, too staccato, too harsh, but Argentinian Spanish, with its heavy Italian influence, is much more pleasant to the ears.

(For those who don't know, Argentina is right across the river from Uruguay.)

Spanish speakers themselves detest Argentinian Spanish with a vengeance, for some reason. The Mexicans with whom I worked call it "faggot Spanish" (I hope this doesn't offend anybody).

It amazes me sometimes how the exact same language can be perceived so dramatically different.
nikoko-half-french-half-i   Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:24 pm GMT
I don't care about what you wrote... You think as you want and you can write whatever you want I won't feel sad cuz of you... U're allright you're 100% stupid. you are not gonna change my point of view anyway..
half french half 100% stu   Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:45 pm GMT
How cares your point of view, asshole.
nikoko-half-french-half-i   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:59 pm GMT
you're so stupid... here, it's a place where people have to exchange points of view so if I wanna say that I don't like spanish, I can do it. You're the only one who doesn't understand that!!!
Jasper   Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:40 pm GMT
I have found some other languages pleasant on the ear that have not been mentioned here:

•The language spoken in Lebanon, which is a combination of French and Arabic, is quite pleasant to hear.
•Some listeners find Bengali a pretty language—it's much like a softened-up English. (Trivia: there are three versions of the consonant "th" in Bengali—a nightmare for most Europeans to learn!)
•I, personally, have always found Farsi Persian a pretty language, although doubtless there are many who would disagree.

It would be interesting to hear from other Antimooners which other obscure languages they find pleasant.
St. Louisan   Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:24 pm GMT
Italian is beautiful.
Half french 100% stupid   Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 pm GMT
you're so stupid... here, it's a place where people have to exchange points of view so if I wanna say that I don't like French, I can do it. You're the only one who doesn't understand that!!!
Philippine fashion access   Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 am GMT
English is th easiest language to learn but the hardest one to master from spelling to pronunciation.....

If you are looking for a direct manufacturer of fashion accessories

http://www.cebuspring.com/rad2.htm - click here

30 years in the business, we can make

Call direct: 63917-4688107 Shem Export