poiu

Romanian   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:08 pm GMT
Which language is the most similar to Romanian?
jo   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 pm GMT
Apart from Moldovian, Italian
lkjhy   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:20 pm GMT
Spanish
blanc   Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 am GMT
Italian
Esteve.   Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:24 pm GMT
Catalan: pruna, fum, foc, nou, bou, fotut, cap, etc.
prim   Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:23 pm GMT
Every expert in the Romance languages should know that Italian is the most similar language to Romanian. Some linguists even include Italian in the Eastern Romance languages because of its grammar, vocabulary and phonological features. First of all, Romanian and Italian form the plural by changing the final vowel, particularly -e -i unlike the other romance language which generally add a final S. Romanian also retains the neuter, even if this is not a real neuter like in Germany or Russian: some masculine singular nouns turn into feminine in the plural. This phenomenon also occurs in Italian for a few nouns: l'uovo/le uova; il dito/le dita, mille /mila and so on. Italian also preserves the neuter plural latin ending in -a.
As for the articles, both Italian and Romanian have more or less the same forms, but as everybody knows, Romanian put them after the nouns. Besides, several irregular past participles are similar in both languages.
Romanian unlike the other Romance languages retains some easy and simplified cases by using essentially different forms of articles, but the dative and the accusitive forms are the same.
As for Catalan, I would like to recomment it to you! Particularly if you already know other Romance languages. As a matter of fact, CAtalan is a mixture of French, Italian, Portuguese and even Romanian but especially Spanish. If you know Spanish, take a look at the following forms:
hola, què tal?
ho sento
cada
enfadat,
cansat
embarassada
desesperada
ells, elles saben
treballar
and so on
Esteve   Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm GMT
Prim, you mean catalan and occitan occupe a central position between romance languages. They ara not at all a "mixture".
meus   Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:05 pm GMT
<<Apart from Moldovian, Italian >>
Moldavian and Romanian is the same language as Netherlandish Dutch and Flemish.
Esteve   Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:39 pm GMT
Prim, you said:

"As for Catalan, I would like to recomment it to you! Particularly if you already know other Romance languages."

Tank you, però és que el català és la meva llengua.

"Hola què tal" i "ho sento" són espanyolismes, que una gran part de la gent no diu mai.

"Cada", "treballar", "Ells saben", "desesperat i desesperada" es troben també en occità.