Indiglish, Spanglish, Chinglish, Japish, Franglais,yr chocie

Shuimo   Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:26 am GMT
Indiglish (Indian English), Spanglish, Chinglish, Japish, Franglais,
which version of English do you find most funny or most incomprehensible?
Shenhua   Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:40 am GMT
You think you funny little man? We not like you making fun of us!
shenmue_tree   Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:30 pm GMT
I hate the way Indiglish sounds.
Uriel   Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 pm GMT
I like Spanglish a lot; always have.
eeuuian   Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:46 pm GMT
I suppose Spanglish is the most comprehensible, at least around here.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:12 am GMT
Spanglist is absolutely awful. It does not even deserve to exist. Genocide, I say!
guest   Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:38 am GMT
Why there is no Singlish? English spoken by Singaporeans?
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 pm GMT
HAITI - French is one of the official languages of this poor country, but right now we sympathise with the Haitians after this dreadful earthquake, and I am so pleased to hear that the UK, like many other countries, has reacted very swiftly to this disaster and that British aid workers and supplies of all kinds from the UK are on their way to Haiti.
Ian   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:57 am GMT
My mom took 4 years of french in high school...then went to university in Albuquerque New Mexico! The hybrid she ended up speaking most of the time was Spench!

I get caught speaking Spanglish all the time. It is kind of funny, since all the accents will stay close to the source language; coat comes out with my American accent and poder comes out with my Spanish accent.
Qwaggmireland   Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 am GMT
Shuimo you would love Jamaican English spoken in Jamaica and it's cousin (you get me blud innit) neo-cockney spoken in London.

In Londoner neo-cockney, Japan is called 'NihongoNihongoland' which actually is more literate!
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:33 pm GMT
***Spanglist is absolutely awful. It does not even deserve to exist. Genocide, I say!***

Some idiot is at it again.....needless to say the above quote did not come from me, the genuine D in E.
guest   Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:06 pm GMT
Japish and Chinglish are the funniest, they come up with some pretty cute ways of saying things sometimes.

Indiglish is by the far the most incomprehensible. Most, if not all, Indians speak English in a way that is very difficult for everyone else to understand. They make no distinction between the phonologies and intonation of their native language, Hindi for example, and of English. Yet they believe they speak the language very well, so they go on at native-like speeds, making it even more difficult to understand. At least speakers of Chinglish speak slowly. And somehow, the majority of call centre workers in the anglosphere are Indians! Who ever decided that was a good idea?