How to brush up on my Spanish in a week...

GuestUser...   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 am GMT
I used to speak fairly intermediate Spanish, but I haven't spoken it for over a year, and I used to keep up with my reading, but I haven't even bothered reading any Spanish material in about 6 months.

It may not be possibly, but anyone got any advice on how I could best brush up on what I know in a week? Going through a conventional language course seems is really too time consuming for what I want to acheive.

Thanks
Guest123   Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:00 pm GMT
You can pay a teacher of Spanish for a week, and at the same time you can read some webpage in Spanish and to watch the news, etc.

If you want a neutral accent, it is better a Colombian teacher (perhaps you prefer Mexican one), and you can explain him where you want to focus (reading, speaking, etc).
K.   Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 am GMT
You could join LingQ for free and find a Spanish speaker who wants to learn English and talk with him or her on Skype. Just don't choose a tutor. They charge for their talk time. If you want a tutor, you can pay for a membership that is relatively cheap for a month. LingQ has a lot of podcasts and transcripts in different levels in Spanish. I guess you could try Livemocha and see if you find someone who would like to exchange English and Spanish. There are some other similar, but different sites out there. Why do you need to brush up in a week?
K.   Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:47 am GMT
Maybe you could write here in Spanish and see if that helps to get your brain back in gear. Some people claim that they are actually better in a language after a break like the one you took.
Usero   Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:52 am GMT
Join some Spanish forums, have you heard of Skyscraperlife? like 95% of its forumers are Spanish speakers.