Castilian Spanish vs Hispanic American Spanish

Ron   Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:44 am GMT
Amazing!
Paraguayan   Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:56 am GMT
I don't speak Spanish.

Me no comprender NADA.

My language is Guarani. We prefer to be in the Francophone summits than in the Hispanidad because Spanish is NOT spoken in my country anymore...

French is more useful in the Paraguay area...

We can say that in the Americas Spanish is NOT SPOKEN. We speak Guarani and Portunhol.
Surfer99   Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 am GMT
Well,
i am feeling that we are talking about many different languages.
Venezuelan, Argentinian, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Chilean, Guatemalan and Castilian.

i knew that these idioms sounds different.
but like spoken afrikaans and spoken dutch...
is a big difference.

afrikaans/dutch really more than german/french/english variants.
Surfer99   Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am GMT
"It is also comparable to the distance between Croatian and Serbian, or spoken Norwegian and Swedish, or Czech and Slovak." -wikipedia

the shit is bigger than I thought.
the difference is even bigger than european and brazilian portuguese.
they could be two different languages.
i was told in some forums that hispanican is unintelligible for spaniards.
Visitor-   Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 am GMT
The differences between hispanican spanish and castilian is the same of,eg, swiss german(hispanica) vs austrian german(spain).
The castilians here is trying to appease.But one conversation between these 2 is highly assymetrical,full of mistakes, and almost all that the last part says is "what?".

If u surf on the google,u will note that most castilians says that hispanic american spanish is totally unintelligible.
I myself studied spanish in spain for 2 years and is impossible for me grab any hispanic american word.I never understand what hispanic americans say, even in a formal video,i cant.

Is easier to me talk in korean,that is my third language.
Américano Hispanico   Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:44 am GMT
I understand all that those baztardos say.
But they cant understand me. :)

Everything what they say when come to hispanic america is "¿Qué?".
Penetra   Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 pm GMT
Some of the threads in this forum are hilarious, and this one is one of the best. Such nonsense, such creativity, such phoniness, although a gullible and ill-advised gringo might thinks this crap is for serious.
Just when I thought *I* was wasting too much time here...
JGreco   Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:27 pm GMT
I agree with you totally Penetra. This is why I have always advocated to the moderators of this forum a change to registered participation and some sense of rules and regulations on this forum, but not to the point of the Wordreference forums. Just enough to take off all the comments of the uneducated and highly racist buffoons who like to post on this unregulated forum.
Understandable   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:11 am GMT
would you believe that the word "españoles" is pronounced in various way in Spanish speaking world.

epañole/ehpañoleh/eshpañolesh/ezpañolez/ethpañoleth/españols.

"Si pues" is "si po".
puelta for puerta
durce for dulce
communicaciong for communicacion

Verbs in Past Participle form such "Asopao instead of "Asopado" is heard in Colombia the country where Spanish is said to be where the purest form of Spanish is spoken in the entire in Western Hemisphere as in other LatAm countries.

These features are also prevalent even in Canary Islands and Andaluisia.

After having a charla with them, a Castilian speaker would wonder how much he understood.
Baldewin   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 am GMT
The only true forms remain Castillian Standard Spanish. They are doing it wrong. Someone please go tell them.
Penetre+JGrec   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:19 am GMT
<< Some of the threads in this forum are hilarious, and this one is one of the best. Such nonsense, such creativity, such phoniness, although a gullible and ill-advised gringo might thinks this crap is for serious.
Just when I thought *I* was wasting too much time here... >>

<< I agree with you totally Penetra. This is why I have always advocated to the moderators of this forum a change to registered participation and some sense of rules and regulations on this forum, but not to the point of the Wordreference forums. Just enough to take off all the comments of the uneducated and highly racist buffoons who like to post on this unregulated forum. >>

You're both stupid aren't you.

Why didn't you post these messages on the "French from France vs Quebec French (Canadian French)" thread http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t15991-15.htm made by stupid hispanic like you two.

This is just a retaliation of the never ending attack of Hispanics like you on the French language to give him/them a dose of his/their medicine if you have a high IQ enough.

Yes, this forum need to revise the rules when it comes to participation just to get rid of those nasty remarks made by Hispanics against the French, German, Italian, English and een Portuguese languages.

AGAIN I REPEAT, THE HISPANICS LIKE YOU TWO ARE THE ONES WHO STARTED THIS BICKERING.

AND TO YOU PENETRA, I'M SO THANKFUL THAT YOUR TRUE COLOR HAS BEEN REVEALED. YOU'RE A HISPANIC DISGUISING AS LUSSOPHONE.
Guest69   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:22 am GMT
"I agree with you totally Penetra. This is why I have always advocated to the moderators of this forum a change to registered participation and some sense of rules and regulations on this forum, but not to the point of the Wordreference forums. Just enough to take off all the comments of the uneducated and highly racist buffoons who like to post on this unregulated forum. "

I always think that the moderator himselself is a troll.
Franco is the moderator of this forum.
Penetra   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:59 am GMT
<< You're both stupid aren't you. >>

Not as much as your mama, for having had sex with your biological father, but I digress.

I cannot speak for JGreco, but I was tempted to post along similar lines in that thread, but thought better of it because:
. I don't know French, and more to the point, Quebec French all that well;
. I've seen Quebec shows subtitled in French TV5, whereas I've never seen the equivalent in Spanish-speaking America;

Now, having said that, I should have posted when someone made the bold remark that the gap between Quebecois and French is wider than that between Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese, because I know that is not true, at least in what concerns the grammar. Of course, nothing of tha magnitude happens in the Spanish-speaking world, even if you have the odd lexical difference here and there.

HAND, hth.
JGreco   Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:36 am GMT
Wow again someone else is not very informed since they obviously don't realize that both I and Penetra are both "Not Hispanic." There is no Hispanic conspiracy, French Conspiracy, blah blah blah. I am another Portuguese (Portuguese American) person who has experience in Latin American Spanish and Castillian Spanish to be able to comment on the language( and I'm sure Penetra has similar experience and if this was a Portuguese, Romance, English (for myself) forum). I and Penetra as they say in English "has the balls" to use forms of our own names to post on this since I don't post ridiculous comments under "fake" AKA's. I am JGreco here and JGreco on all of the "registered" sites that require log ins to comment on languages. I just wish they would start a log in procedure on this site. By the way, typically when someone does not post on a forum such as you said the "Quebecois vs. French forum" usually means "that they do not know much about the situation of French to give an educated response on the matter." So please leave your judgment on your own illusions of grandeur.
Pete from Peru   Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 am GMT
Oh my God, will this ever end??

I think the mods have gone to hibernate again.

Anyway, to the one who started the thread and anyone who might be interested.

Having met Spanish speakers from all imaginable places, here's my impression:

There are not any major grammar differences between any standard Latin American Spanish dialect and the ones in the Iberian Peninsula.

In everyday not-so-specific contexts, comprehension is not difficult in any way or form.

When things get too specific, for example, about cooking, architecture, etc. It's mainly due to word choice and phrasing. The way we call certain vegetables and spices here in South America, for instance, can differ greatly from the way they name such things across the pond.

Remember that by Standard Spanish we mean Spanish as used by more or less cultivated native speakers (Regardless of classes, indeed. I am a medium-class chap here in Peru, but I speak something similar to the idea of Standard Spanish).

So, in any case or context, unlike an educated speaker, a less educated individual will be incapable of switching from his/her colloquial or regional speech/accent to something more Standard. And also because of the lack of exposure to other accents in the Spanish-speaking world (also result of a lesser education), clear communication between speakers from different countries or even regions may be hindered.

So for example:

A fairly well educated guy from any town in Spain will not have any trouble at all in communicating with some language teacher from Mexico.

But the chances of a poorly educated man from some shitty area in Spain being able to communicate easily and efficiently with a similarly uneducated Peruvian man are pretty low.

And a real life example: Once I met a Spanish tourist who spoke with a very broad Andalusian accent. After the excursion to some islands around here, he and the boat's pilot had a talk. The pilot wasn't really a cultivated man, he'd been a fisherman for 20 years, had only finished secondary school, and had a very strong Coastal - Peruvian port accent.

In the beginning everything went great as they greeted each other but then as the conversation went on, they sort of got bored of one another because they had to repeat themselves often or explain what the words they used meant. I followed all the conversation and found it rather funny actually. Sort of a phone conversation problem.

Hope that helps

Regards